Chapter 13

After you hung out with Jeongin for awhile, you walked upstairs and found an empty room. You didn't feel like talking to anyone else so you went in and just laid on the big comfy bed.

The bed felt like a cloud, you wish your bed was this comfy. You were drowned in your thoughts, staring at the ceiling, and you stayed that way for about 20 minutes, and you were almost falling asleep.

All of a sudden, you hear the door open, and a light shines into the dimly lit room.

"Areum?" You hear a familiar voice say. You open your eyes and look over to see Bangchan. He shut the door and walked over to you, laying down beside you on the bed.

"Are you hiding in here from everyone?" He asks as he rests his hands on his stomach.

"Maybe." You say, almost whispering.

He looks up at the ceiling along with you. "What are you looking at?" He chuckles.

"Just daydreaming i guess." You say, your eyes slightly closed.

He looks out at you, then gently takes his hand and turns your head to him. "Hey look at me." He says gently.

You open your eyes again to see him maintaining eye contact with you, a soft look in his eyes. "What's wrong?" He asks with a soft tone.

"Nothing, don't worry about me." You force a smile.

"Areum." He turns on his side to look at you, and you do the same.

"Seriously, don't worry about me." You practically whisper.

"I know you're lying. You would be hanging out with us downstairs if you were okay."

You don't say anything, you just gaze into his eyes.

"Areum, please. I hate knowing that something's wrong." He tucks a strand of hair behind your ear, his touch surprisingly relaxes you.

"I just feel awkward and uncomfortable down there, that's all." You say after a few minutes.

"We can leave now. I'm sorry for making you come with me."

"We really don't have to, you can stay i'll just be here." You close your eyes again.

"No, i'm not gonna make you stay when you're uncomfortable. We're gonna leave, okay?"

You nod your head and you both get up from the bed. You're walking over to put on your shoes when suddenly, you feel a hand on your arm pull you back.

Suddenly, you feel Bangchan pull you into a warm hug. You're shocked for a moment and try to push him away a little, but he doesn't let you.

You finally hug him back, resting your face in his chest. Nobody has hugged you so tightly for a long time.

"I never want to make you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, Areum. You're my best friend."

You couldn't help but smile.

"I'm already your best friend? I've known you for like a week."

"And I already trust you more than anybody, it's crazy, but it's true." He says quietly and gently.

"Even more than the guys? You've known them way longer than me." You chuckle.

"I love them too, but i'm not close with them like i am with you. I've never met anybody like you. You're my favorite person."

He pulls back a little, and now he's holding your arms.

"You're favorite person?" Your eyes widen a little.

"I know we haven't known each other very long, but i've known it since the minute i met you that someone like you only comes around once, and that i need to hold on to you because if i dont, i'll always regret that." He smiles at you.

"So come on, we're gonna leave now." He lets go of your arms and walks out.

You were still confused about how he could feel so close to you so soon, but subconsciously, you knew you felt the same way.
- - -
a/n: i debated whether i should publish this or not, but why not lol. because what else would i even write.

if you couldn't tell already i'm writing this story out of pure boredom lol