∞ 05

"You see her with the lights out (lights out)

You're in love

True love."

- Taylor Swift, You're In Love.

Prescott Jr. Downey was undoubtedly a legend. We had gone through great lengths to find out the love of his life, or who used to be, anyway. This is to see if there was any piece left of him that we were yet to discover. However, the search had been unsuccessful until now. Perhaps a warrior keeps no woman. But then again, we will never know for sure, will we?

♂♀

After the ball, Lucas had surprisingly ended up with a girlfriend. He didn't exactly tell me, of course, like the way I haven't said anything about Sky to him. But then I saw the way he looked at the photo he took of her to keep as contact and I knew that he was in love.

Normally in such situations, I would've done the interrogations on him, as was a younger sister's unwritten job. But not this time.

Lucas and I just had a fight revolving around Greg and Sky. Funny how the two person mentioned above weren't involved in this verbal fight in the first place.

"I heard Greg say that you never wanted to see him again," Lucas said that very night after we returned from the ball. From the way he was staring down at me, it was pretty clear he didn't approve of my decision.

"Lucas, you should've seen him," I said, still a little heated up. "He fucking punched Sky in the face! I don't see why he had to - "

"Sky probably deserved it - "

"No! Sky did nothing wrong and - "

"No matter what, Greg must have his reasons," Lucas insisted. "As far as I know, he doesn't go around punching people in their faces - "

"But that's exactly what he did! Why are you still on his side when it is clear that - "

"Then Greg probably had his reasons to - "

"Reasons?" I echoed sarcastically. "If he had one reason, then maybe I would see the picture why - "

"Do you think Greg would simply give up the fight with Andrew just to simply punch Sky - "

"That makes perfect sense to me," I said. "He seems to be this type of person."

"Paige, this is ridiculous!" Lucas burst out, pacing in the room. "You act like you don't know Greg - "

"Then maybe, Lucas, it's because I really don't," I said. "Don't tell me that you don't think he's changed."

That, finally, managed to keep him quiet for a moment.

"He might have," he said slowly, "but you'd be surprised who it was for."

♂♀

"Here," a deep voice said, offering a hand to me. I turned to look at him and what I saw was a boy who looked to be a year or two older than me and he had a dark mob of hair and brown eyes. "Take my hand now!" he urged.

I looked at the hand, heard the loud thumping footsteps from a few feet away. I weighed out my choices. Turned out I had none.

I took his hand and he gripped it tightly. Together, we ran. We paced through the hallways, ignoring the warnings the security guard screamed out.

With him leading, I trusted him. I let him take me past the ball; past the school gates; across the field of Lakeview High.

Later that day, I thought about the consequences and needless to say, they were almost deadly. Why did I let myself trust him? What if he led me to straight to the security? For all I knew, that could've been the end of it.