Chapter 5-Meeting Richard

"You have fifteen minutes. After that, I can't make any promises. Your father doesn't take disobedience lightly, and you, of all people, should know that," Robin sighed, opening the door with a heavy heart.

Oscar rushed into the room, immediately going to Ava's side. Her face was pallid, and her vital signs were dangerously low, prompting Oscar to call for the healer. "What can be done to help her?" he asked, frustration evident in his voice.

"The only way to heal her is through her mate's blood. A kiss will break the wolfbane's hold and purge it from her system. Time is of the essence; you must act swiftly. Your father didn't just gave wolfbane to Ava, he poisoned her," Robin whispered the last part, careful to keep their conversation private.

With swift obedience, Oscar acted upon the instructions given to him. Gathering his courage, he approached Ava's enticing lips, drawing closer and allowing his gaze to wander momentarily to her voluptuous breasts, which were unveiled due to their proximity.

Sensing his desire, his own body responded, his member becoming erect, yet he resisted its urge, redirecting his focus to Ava's enticing, full pink lips. They appeared as soft as they looked, and in that intense moment, Oscar became entranced.

A soft moan escaped from Ava's mouth as Oscar's breath gently brushed against her lips, intensifying the passionate atmosphere.

How was it possible for one woman to hold such power over him?

Driven by a mixture of longing and desperation, Oscar made a daring move. Slicing his wrist, he placed his bloodied hand over Ava's mouth, allowing droplets of his life essence to stain her delicate lip line.

In a surprising turn, Ava opened her mouth, eagerly tasting the unique flavor of his blood. It was bittersweet, yet strangely alluring to her as she sensually licked her lips, savoring the forbidden essence.

True to their agreement, this act released Ava from the grip of the wolf bane that had plagued her system, freeing her from its torment.

Ava's blue eyes shone in excitement as her eyes wandered over the room until they fell on a certain person--her mate... "You came?" Her statement came off more as a question...

"I wouldn't be able to live with myself if anything happened to you," Oscar's eyes held something they had never held before. It was hope--hope that finally something good was happening in his life. Oscar looked back at the guards, then back at Ava and proclaimed, "You cannot stay here. I won't allow it, not while I'm here. You're coming with me." With that, Oscar used his disappearing gift and disappeared with Ava to his room.

"She would be safe there for now," he thought, contemplating the safety of Ava in his room.

~ ~ ~

Chloe

My senses heightened as I stopped in front of Rival's Pack gate to take a breath. It had been quite a journey, but it was worth it.

I made sure to put on my armor as I stepped foot into Richard's territory. I knew soldiers were awaiting me, but that was not my concern.

I chuckled as someone blocked my passage. Looking up, I saw a weakened individual threatening to slash my throat, which made me crack a smile. "Is this how you treat your guests?" I knew the bastard was flattered, and I used this as my chance to trip him to the ground. I then covered him and whispered, "I didn't come here to fight; I came here to pay Richard a little visit. Don't try to get in my way because I'm not spilling any blood--at least not today." With that, I walked away like nothing had happened.

I came upon more of Richard's men, but none of them dared touch me. I guess they got the memo. I walked further into Richard's castle and was surprised to see that nothing looked out of place. After all those years, the castle still looked the same.

I was pulled out of my trance by the sound of Richard's voice. "It's a pity we didn't get a chance to remodel the castle together." Richard growled disapprovingly at Chloe's behavior. He turned to his men and ordered them, "Stand down. We have a visitor, not a prisoner. Secure the borders and ensure that no one can enter or leave. You all let your guard down, and an intruder entered without my acknowledgment." Richard hissed as he glared at his son, who was responsible, and his warriors.

Chloe smiled innocently and walked ahead of Richard. "Don't keep me waiting. You know I'm a busy woman, so let's make this quick, shall we?" Even though it had been over fifteen years since she had last been at Rival Pack, she still knew the directions to the Alpha's headquarters. Chloe walked fearlessly, knowing all of Richard's tricks. There was no need to bring an army when all she needed was her vicious wolf. She could take out a whole pack by herself, so bringing members from her pack was not necessary.

Richard was fascinated by Chloe's actions. He thought she would've brought bodyguards, but she was alone. But why? How was she certain that she wasn't walking into a trap? "I'm always prepared, Richard. You should know that I wouldn't walk into a trap without knowing. Spare me the time and tell me," Chloe paused as she cornered the Alpha, leaving them alone. "What do you want? My niece did nothing to you or any of your pack members. My instincts tell me that you wanted to draw out my attention, so here I am."

Richard

She had always been quick.

Something that made me admire her so much.

I couldn't just tell her that I needed her help. That would be low of me. But what other choice did I have? As soon as Chloe voiced her opinion, I used this as my chance to shoot her with a sleeping pill.

Before her body could drop on the hard ground, I caught her in my arms and carried her bridal style to my room. She wasn't just a prisoner; she was my prisoner.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your at the end of this chapter...