Better Manners

tw

- pocket cheeks flush!!!

ok no but seriously important author's note:

- the things that go on in this chapter are stereotypically British. that's the point. so if it's incorrect of what actually goes on in the land of Britannia i'm sorry but i did minimal research.

- also a lot of this is random ramble shit/ some of an essay i did for school awhile back

- also this is still a beta chapter cus it's CRAZY long sooooo (3.1k words!!!!)

with love,

thatBOHOcat

——

"Mister Pocket!"

"Ello Mister Philip!" greeted Pocket, "Oh pray, come in!"

"Thanks for having me again." Pip hugged the other.

"Oh, it's mere trifle!" Pocket chuckled graciously as he reciprocated the embrace, "I am indebted to you, my dear. Pray, do enlighten me on what I may do to be of service to you?"

"Well.." Pip smiled nervously, "This might seem like a weird request.. but I don't feel 'British' enough anymore. Despite being relatively the same as I was when I was in Britain, I feel so dissociated with it all."

"I perceive..." Pocket mused. "Pray, shall we engage in a discourse regarding this matter whilst partaking in a delightful cup of tea?"

"Of course!" Pip's face beamed with a big smile as he walked towards the fancy dinner table that Pocket had set up. When he settled into the chair, he couldn't help but notice how nicely everything was arranged. The table looked so pretty with its fancy dishes, shiny silverware, and fresh flowers. "This is rather nice!"

The room smelled really good, as if it was filled with a cozy and welcoming atmosphere. Pip's eyes landed on the hot teapot, sending up a delicious smell that made him even more excited. The table was set up so nicely, giving off a feeling of class and warmth that seemed to fill the whole room.

"Oh, indeed," Pocket chuckled to himself whilst delicately pouring a cup of tea for both himself and Pip, "I meticulously unpacked and adorned the abode last eve."

"I can tell!" Pip laughs, "It looks great!"

"Much obliged, Mister Phillip," Pocket's cheeks tinted with a noticeable blush at the modest compliment, though the reason he did not know of, "Pray tell, what do you reckon you find lacking in your current circumstances?"

"Well..." Pip gathers his thoughts then begins, "I want to be more impressive. I feel so stupid because I can't get this damn accent off of me so... why not go all in? Instead of trying to be like everyone else, why not be more like myself? And you are the most British person I know in this small town so please help me!"

"I dare say, why not," Pocket grinned, feeling rather chuffed that Pip sought his assistance. It truly warmed his heart and gave him a delightful, fuzzy sensation at the mere thought. He wasn't exactly sure why.

After speaking a bit more, the two got out of the house and took a taxi to find a 'traditional fish and chips restaurant. The place Pocket decided the two would dine at was none other then "Benny's."

"This is a traditional fish and chips restaurant???" Pip asked, not believing his eyes.

"Well, I'm afraid not." Pocket sighed, "Regrettably, South Park fails to boast any establishments serving traditional fish and chips. However, this particular establishment is the closest approximation we can reasonably attain, I must confess."