Chapter - 3

Phalguna was not lost, no matter what anyone says he was not lost

Phalguna was not lost, no matter what anyone says he was not lost. He had meant to get deep into the forest. Phalguna was five and that's basically an adult yet his parents still insist on treating him as a child and that meant not going into the forest alone. Phalguna loved the forest but most of the time his parents were way too busy to come with him to the forest and so spending time in the woods remained a luxury.

Now though, as previously mentioned five years is basically an adult and Phalguna is going to go the forest by himself. Ignoring the tiny bit of guilt for disobeying his parents, the petite boy continued on his merry way deep into the woods.

The woods of Shatashringa were awe-inspiring. The tall trees from the sentinel like oaks to the delicate and strong pines each can humble a person. They were proof nature's beauty at its finest. Dewy green grass and the droplets of water still clinging to the trees from the last rain made the forest all the more ethereal. Growing up amongst such a place, was it any wonder that Phalguna forever preferred sleeping on grass and under the stars.

From the coos of the cuckoo to the mewls of the bounding rabbits, each sound was a melody to Phalguna's ears. Just like another almost identical boy in Gokul, the animals flocked this dark boy too, something which delighted Phalguna.

The rabbits were quick to come to his side and be petted and cuddled by him with the birds being delighted to use Phalguna's head as their perch. The foals of the herd of deer too were quick to crowd the boy. Soon the animals turned docile in front of the child. From the gentlest of the rabbits to the most ferocious of the stags, none could resist the charms of the boy with silver marks.

It will always be this way, Arjun will forever Nature and Nature will love Arjun back with a hundred times more intensity.

Gentle petting and cooing soon turned into a game of tag with the animals scampering from the small hands of Arjun as he ran behind them. Laughter of Parth mixed with the joyful mewls and coos of his new animal friend and Shatashringa came to life. The mountain itself beaming with the laughter that calmed Narayan himself.

Faraway in Gokul, the enchanter suddenly felt content beyond belief and he knew it wasn't just the successful Makhan heist which is causing him such joy. The joy he felt was another's joy which has bled into him. For Arjun's joys was his joy and his joy was Arjun's. Because that's how it is, Krishna is Arjun and Arjun is Krishna but Krishna is Krishna and Arjun is Arjun. Does it makes sense, no but that's how it was. They were one and the same but they were also different. Yet these thoughts were far from Kanha's mind as he focused on the makhan he liberated and the content his twin was feeling.

Phalguna was thrilled. The Forest was way better than he expected. The animals were so kind with the babies playing with him and their parents keeping watchful eyes but never interfering. He has already decided to come every day to play with his new friends. Friends were a new concept to him with his brothers being his only companions but now Phalguna could proudly say he has friends and a lot of them at that.