Chapter one - A new life

The noisy and long traffic in the city was something that Nya and her brother Kai never experienced. They were born in Ignacia, a small village in Ninjago, with their lovely parents, Ray and Maya, who owned the "Four Weapon Blacksmith" one of the most famous blacksmiths in all Ninjago. Even though living there caused some problems for their family, the two siblings loved their childhood home, but after some serious problems that they thought had been solved for years returned, they had no other choice but to move to Ninjago city.

A black haired girl was listening to music with her old pair of earphones looking out of the car window, while her brother Kai was watching some funny videos on his phone.

Their father broke the silence that ruled in the car for the past hour.

"So, are you two ready for your new school year?" Ray said.

Nya was a little excited. She had looked online for some information about that high school, and she already loved it.

"It's just a normal school." Kai huffed. He wasn't such a great student like his sister, he always got lower grades than her, and he didn't like to study as much as her.

"I heard it's one of the best schools in all of Ninjago city!" Maya added. She wasn't lying.

"We are lucky the principal is an old friend of yours." Nya said, looking at her parents.

Maya and Ray looked at each other making a small smile. Nya looked at them a little confused, she didn't know why they were smiling for that comment but decided to ignore it, thinking they were just happy for the opportunity their children had thanks to that old man.

The cars in front of them finally started to move, and they managed to get out of that city traffic and drive towards the suburbs of the city, where there was their future home.

Nya laid her elbow near the car window, still looking out and watching the different shops' names. A small wooden signboard caught her attention: "Grand Sensei Dareth Mojo Dojo", it seems like a martial arts school from the name. She gave a little gaze at her parents; from what she knew, they went to a martial arts school, that's where they met.

While she was deep in her thoughts the car stopped.

"We have arrived." her dad said.

Nya opened the door and exited from the car. In front of her, there was a big apartment, it seemed pretty new, maybe thanks to the bright light blue color it had. She just hoped that the inside wouldn't disappoint her. Before entering the building, she looked around. They were in one of the newest neighborhoods of the city away from the center, but there was a long pedestrian street that connected the two zones. She liked that area, it was very convenient, near to their new high school and with pretty stores nearby. Nya snapped out of her thoughts and followed her family inside the apartment. She loved the inside. She had her own room, and it was big like her old one, on top of that, she had her own bathroom. She felt like in heaven. Her father left the two suitcases she had for her clothes in her room then smiled at her.

"The stuff for your room should arrive here tomorrow," he said.

"Thanks dad." Nya smiled at him. She tried to be independent, but her father always helped her. She wouldn't complain though.

She started to organize some of her stuff, and after twenty minutes, she was pleased with her work.

She got out of the room and saw her parents talking to her brother. It seemed something serious.

"Did Kai do something wrong already?" she giggles, as her parents fell silent. Nya looked at them confused; it was like they didn't want to let her know what was going on. The last time this happened is because they were talking about her birthday present, but her birthday was still a few months away, so what were they talking about?