Chapter two - Decision

The evening that the two siblings arrived at their new home in Ninjago city, Kai received a strange warning from his parents, something about training, finding his true potential and making an important decision. He had never been so confused before. They then changed the subject when his sister Nya entered the room, telling her that he had to attempt additional classes before the start of the school year, confusing him even more.

The day after, Maya woke him up early to send him to school. Kai packed his bag, ate the breakfast his mother had made for him and then exited the house, walking towards the school. He sighed and after a ten minute walk, he arrived at the still empty entrance, wondering if he was the only one that had those additional classes.

A tall and lean figure with blond hairs got out of the entrance door, walking towards him.

"Greetings, Kai Smith. We were waiting for you." The tall blonde said.

Kai looked at him surprised. How did he know his name? Then he thought of what the strange guy just said.

"We?" Kai asked, not having the time to even continue questioning him, since he felt they were not alone anymore. Behind him there were two other figures. Kai looked at them: a black hair, dumb looking guy with his muscular arms crossed and a shorty guy, with his face covered with freckles and deep blue eyes.

Kai looked around checking the three individuals, he was shocked that the two guys managed to sneak behind him without making a single noise.

"Who are you?"  The surrounded boy said, looking suspiciously at them.

"You're shaking" The two guys behind him chucked, irritating him.

"If you want a fight just say that. I'll be more than happy to kick your asses." The hot headed boy shouted at the guys surrounding him.

"Enough." Someone shouted. The three boys that were surrounding Kai jumped, then formed a straight line behind him.

"Yes, sensei." The three said together, standing still near one another.

Kai was even more confused now, and then looked at the new figure that got out the building.

An old man, with a long beard and dressed all in white, walked towards them. He seemed familiar to Kai, but the boy couldn't recognise him.

"Excuse them for their behavior." The old man said. "I can see your disorientation," he added.

"Well, I never had this strange welcoming in my last school." Kai said, giving a side eye to the guys behind him.

The old man chucked, stopping near Kai and putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Because this isn't a normal school," the old man added, then he started to walk again towards the entrance.

"Let me explain to you what I'm talking about." he then ended, entering the school.

Kai looked at him unsure. The three guys were still standing behind him, waiting for him to go inside. He still wasn't sure of what was happening but decided to follow the bearded man inside.

They were walking in a long hallway, staying quiet for a couple of minutes then the old man started talking again.

"How are Maya and Ray?" He asked. Kai looked at him and his eyes widened, suddenly remembering who he was. He is that old friend his parents talked about, the principal of the high school! He saw him a couple of times when they lived back at Ignacia, he usually visited sometimes, but he couldn't remember his name.

"They're ok, I guess," Kai responded, giving a little gaze at the three boys behind them, which were whispering to each other.

"And what about Nya?" The principal asked again.