CHAPTER 1

Photo credit goes to @dio_traf on Instagram.

Lyrics will be in italics

Song title is at the bottom of the chapter.

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

Luffy was a college freshman who was friends with a lot of older college students.

Many people thought it odd that the 19 year old was so attached to people in their 20's and 30's. Luffy didn't mind though; to him they were a second family.

One of his older friends, Brook, was in a band outside of campus. Luffy always got into their concerts free. This was kind of a big deal because the band actually was quite popular.

Luffy had been so busy trying not to fail out of school that he hadn't had the chance to go to any of their concerts in a while.

That Friday he was able to though. His grades finally got up to all D's, so his brothers said he could hang out now. As long as his grades weren't F's, he was pretty much allowed to do whatever he wanted.

Luffy got a text from Zoro saying that he and Nami would be there to get him in 15 minutes. Zoro and Nami, Luffy's best friends, picked him up and they drove to the concert venue.

They got there rather early so that they could get a spot up front. They were actually able to be in the very first row, right in front of the stage.

As the lights went down and a guitar started to play, the band members came out on stage one by one. When Brook came out, the 3 friends all started screaming and cheering.

After Brook came out, a tall man with raven black hair and tattoos lining his arms and chest was next. Luffy had never seen him before, which was odd since he knew everyone in the band.

All Luffy could do was stare as the man walked up to the mic and started to sing while his fingers strummed his guitar's strings.

Want your bad romance

After the opening, the whole band started playing their instruments. The man started to move around the stage a little bit, looking into the crowd as he continued singing.

I want your ugly, I want your disease
I want your everything as long as it's free
I want your love
Love, love, love, I want your love
I want your drama, the touch of your hand
I want your leather-studded kiss in the sand
I want your love
Love, love, love, I want your love

Brook sang the backup vocals, then suddenly the man started to speak the lyrics while grabbing the mic.

You know that I want you, and you know that I need you
I want it bad, a bad romance

The tone of the song suddenly changed.

I want your love and I want your revenge
You and me could write a bad romance
I want your love and all your lovers' revenge
You and me could write a bad romance
Oh-oh-oooh-oh-oh-oh-oooh-oh-oh-oh
Caught in a bad romance
Oh-oh-oooh-oh-oh-oh-oooh-oh-oh-oh
Caught in a bad romance
Want your bad romance...

The man yelled the lyrics, pouring his heart and soul into the music. He had a small guitar solo after. As he played, he flicked his hair back as he started to sweat.

Want your bad romance
I want your horror
I want your design
'Cause you're a criminal as long as your mine
I want your love
love love love
I want your love
I want your psycho, your vertigo stick
Want you in my room when
Your baby is sick!
I want your love
love love love
I want your love
You know that I want you, and you know that I need you
I want it bad, a bad romance
I want your love, and I want your revenge
You and me could write a bad romance
I want your love and all your lovers' revenge
You and me could write a bad romance
Oh-oh-oooh-oh-oh-oh-oooh-oh
Caught in a bad romance
Oh-oh-oooh-oh-oh-oh-oooh-oh
Caught in a bad romance
Want your bad romance...

The man approached the mic again and wiped his hair out of his face. He grabbed the mic and sang.

I want your love, and I want your revenge
I want your love - I don't wanna be friends!
Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ta revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
No I don't wanna be friends!
Want your bad romance
Want your bad romance!!!

He sang the lyrics in a voice as smooth as butter. All the while, he was looking into Luffy's eyes. At the end of the verse, he winked before he started to move around the stage again.

I want your love, and I want your revenge
You and me could write a bad romance
I want your love and all your lovers' revenge
You and me could write a bad romance
Oh-oh-oooh-oh-oh-oh-oooh-oh
Caught in a bad romance
Oh-oh-oooh-oh-oh-oh-oooh-oh
Caught in a bad romance
Want your bad romance

After the song ended, the band continued with their set, but Luffy's face was red and flushed from the first song and the beautiful man that had sung it. For the rest of the concert, he couldn't take his eyes off of him.

Luffy left with Zoro and Nami after the concert was over. On the way to Nami's house, he sent a quick message to Brook about how much he enjoyed the show. Luffy, Zoro and Nami walked into the house. Bellemere didn't mind that the boys were staying over because Nami was gay, so it made no difference to her.

"So, Luffy, did you know that guy on stage today?" Nami inquired with a small smirk on her face as they got settled in.

"No. I've never seen him before," Luffy admitted with a small flush, but not enough for her to notice.

"It looked like he was singing the first song to you. And then after that he kept looking at you," Zoro pointed out.

Of course he would notice that, Luffy thought to himself. Luffy blushed a dark pink before replying, "It's just a coincidence."

"You're blushing!! Do you like him??" Nami exclaimed in excitement.

"Maybe. He was really hot, and he can play hella good," Luffy said. He had always found men who could play attractive. "I can't even play as well as that, and I've been playing for years. Ever since Sabo taught me after him and Ace got together."

"How are they by the way? Still going strong?" Zoro inquired. It had been a while since he had seen either of them.

"Yeah, I think this is their 6th year together?" Luffy answered, not quite sure if the number of years was correct.

"Uh huh. Uh huh. Back to Luffy!!" Nami interrupted. "I can talk to Brook and see if you can meet that guy."

"No!! Please don't!!" Luffy begged. It would have been way too embarrassing to be introduced like that.

"Fine fine. I'm just kidding. Well, kind of," Nami said as she put her hands up in surrender.

The night continued, and the 3 friends went to bed at around 3am. Luffy had trouble falling asleep. His thoughts were absorbed in the man from the stage.

He didn't like to admit it, but he had developed a crush on a man he didn't even know.

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

Song is Bad Romance by Halestorm. I suggest giving it a listen while you read this chapter. I've been a tad bit obsessed with it lately.

I hope you enjoyed. More chapters will be out soon.

(1316 words)