CHAPTER 3

LawLu content ahead!! <3

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

Luffy had a morning class on Monday, but got out around 1. He drove home and got some lunch before he went to his room and played his way through a few songs.

He didn't want to go to practice and look like a complete idiot in front of Law.

At about 5 Luffy headed to the building where Brook and the band normally practiced. He had been there a few times to watch before, so he knew how to get there.

At 5:55 Luffy pulled into the parking lot and gave himself a mental pat on the back for actually getting there on time. He got out of the car and grabbed his guitar case, strapping it to his back. He walked into the building, going to the room he knew the band normally set up in. 

When Luffy walked in, he got a sight he was not expecting. Law was standing in the middle of the room with no shirt on while playing his bass. 

Luffy felt his face flush as he stood in the doorway and watched the beautiful tattooed man play. Suddenly, he felt someone push him from behind. 

He stumbled forward and turned to face the one who pushed him. Bonney stood there with a sly grin on her face.

"Move outta the doorway Luffy. You can drool all over Law in the room, don't worry," Bonney said as she walked in and dropped her guitar case on the floor. Law had noticed the two and stopped playing.

"I-I wasnt drooling all over him!!" Luffy exclaims in embarrassment, even though he totally was.

"Sure, sure," Bonney replied as she sat on a stool in the corner of the room. "That was pretty good Law. I definitely trust you to replace me," Bonney said to Law.

"Thanks," Law replied and then turned to Luffy, sticking his hand out. "I'm Law, the new bassist. And you are?"

"Luffy, the new lead singer and guitarist," Luffy responded as he took the mans hand and shook it. 

"I saw you at the concert. You were cute then, and you're still cute now," Law said with a small smirk and a wink.

"Law, don't tease the poor boy," Bonney replied as Luffy's face blushed a dark red and he looked at the ground.

"I'm not teasing, I meant it!!" Law said as he turned to her to argue.

As the two argued about how Law thought Luffy was cute, the boy in question walked to the corner of the room and sat his stuff down. I want Brook to get here already, these two are going to kill me, Luffy thought to himself as he got out his guitar and gave it another once over.

While Luffy was looking at his guitar, Law came over and squatted in front of him. 

"Your guitar is really pretty," Law said as he admired it.

Luffy jumped at the sound of his voice. He had been so focused on his guitar that he hadn't even noticed the man who was only 3 feet in front of him. "Oh, um, thank you. I bought it after saving up for a while. I've had all my friends sign the back," he said, flipping it to show Law.

"Woah!! It's so pretty with the silver on the black," Law said with a small grin.

"Thanks," Luffy said with a small chuckle. "So, what made you join this band?"

"I needed something to do and I can play," Law answered simply.

"Have you heard any of their music?" Luffy questioned.

"No. I just joined," Law said with a shrug.

"Are you serious?!?" Luffy exclaimed.

"Yes?" Law said in almost a question. He didn't know it was such a big deal.

"Get your ass over here and sit down then!!" Luffy said as he pulled out his phone and earbuds.

Law did as Luffy said. He sat down next to Luffy and scooted close, very close. Luffy only noticed how close Law was when their knees touched. Luffy looked up, only to see Law looking back at him. Luffy blushed for the 3rd time today and handed Law the earbud. The two men listened to songs the band released until Brook got there with Perona, Zoro's sister and the band's drummer.

"Hey guys! Sorry we are late, she took a while to get ready so I had to wait," Brook said as he set his stuff down.

"Zoro took the car and Dad was at work! I had no other choice than to have you come get me," Perona said as she defended herself.

"You guys ready to run through some songs?" Brook asked, completely ignoring Perona's defense.

"Yeah," Luffy replied as he put his phone away and stood up. He offered his hand to Law and pulled him up.

Law leaned close and whispered in Luffy's ear. "Thanks cutie."

Luffy blushed and turned away. He picked up his guitar and moved toward the side of the room with mics and amps. They started off practice with a simple warm up and moved to full songs soon after. Luffy barely made any mistakes because he let his instincts take over. This was natural for him. 

Bonney left after about an hour of practice, then after about 2 hours Brook stopped them and called them in for a huddle.

"So, Bonney is officially out, though she offered to be our part time manager. We have a gig in a week at a local bar. We are going to test this lineup out there. Until then, we will have practice everyday. Same time and place as today. Everyone cool with that?" Brook explained, then asked everyone for their opinion.

"Works for me," Law and Luffy said at the same time, leading both of them to chuckle a little bit. 

"Great! See you all tomorrow," Brook said as he and Perona left.

"I may stay a bit longer and practice. There were a few spots I was iffy on in 'Meant To Live'," Law said after they had left.

"I was going to stay too. Want to practice together?" Luffy offered. He just didn't want to leave Law's side just yet.

"Awwwww, you wanna spend more time with me~~" Law teased.

Luffy rolled his eyes as he blushed again. Law was 100% right, but Luffy wouldn't let him know that. "No, I want to practice."

"Whatever you say Luffy," Law said with a smirk.

The two stayed for another hour playing songs and just overall enjoying the company of the other. After that, they left the building and went to their cars. Law blew Luffy a kiss before he got in his car and drove away.

As Luffy sat in his car, he let out a groan. This was going to be a long week.

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

Hehehehe LawLu brainrot is my favorite

Song mentioned: Meant To Live by Switchfoot

(1167 words)