CHAPTER 2

Chapter 2 anyone?

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

On Sunday, Luffy was with Zoro, Nami, Sanji, Usopp, Chopper, Robin, Franky and Jinbe. They were all hanging out in Luffy's living room when Brook burst through the door looking frantic.

"Luffy!! I need a favor," Brook said as he ran up to Luffy and grabbed his shoulders.

"Um, okay. What is it?" Luffy asked as he grabbed Brooks hands and removed them from his shoulders gently.

"I need you to join the band. ASAP," Brook said as he looked at Luffy with a face full of hope.

"WHAT?!?!?" Luffy exclaimed. He hadn't thought he would be asked that. Luffy's mind drifted to the man on stage on Friday night before he pushed the thought away to focus on the situation at hand.

"I know your brothers taught you how to play. Sabo was in a band until a little while ago. I know he taught you after he and Ace got together," Brook explained. 

Luffy's mind drifted to his past; memories of him with Ace and Sabo sitting on the floor of their apartment with guitars in all of their hands; memories of bleeding fingers, but being happy about it because they got to notes right; memories of laughing while playing guitar and singing with his brothers.

"Well, yes. But why do I need to join the band?" Luffy inquired as he focused again on Brook's request.

"Our lead singer quit. Law filled in yesterday, but he said he wasn't going to for much longer," Brook explained. 

So Law is his name, Luffy thought to himself, then realized what exactly Brook was asking. "You want me to sing?!?"

"Yes. And play lead guitar. PLEASE Luffy," Brook begged. "I'll even get down on my knees and beg you."

"Fine! I'll do it!! You're lucky you have me as a friend. You're also lucky I still play guitar," Luffy said as he accepted Brooks offer. Luffy couldn't just leave his friend in need.

"Thank you so much!!" Brook said as he hugged Luffy tightly.

The group hung out for a few more hours. Chopper, Luffy and Usopp played Halo on the Xbox. Soon enough, people started to head out. Eventually it was down to Luffy and Brook sitting on Luffy's couch watching TV.

"So, who is that Law guy? That was his name, right?" Luffy inquired. He wanted to know more about the man from Friday night.

"Yeah. He is a new member," Brook said without looking away from the TV.

"I was wondering why I had never seen him before..." Luffy said more to himself than to Brook.

"Yeah, he's our new bassist. Bonney wanted out, but she was giving us time to find a fill in for her," Brook explained. "But then Bellamy quit on us with no time to find a replacement. So Law ended up filling in for Bellamy and Bonney is staying in her position until we find a replacement for Bellamy. That replacement is you."

"Damn, everyone is quitting on you guys," Luffy pointed out.

"We are really busy now since we are popular. Bonney and Bellamy wanted a casual gig, but we are getting big. So they left and we found Law. Why did you ask about him anyways??" Brook asked, genuinely curious about Luffy's interest.

"No reason..." Luffy said with a small blush.

"Oh yeah? Cause from what I remember you couldn't take your eyes off of him Friday. Normally you watch me, but you didn't look at me once," Brook said with a smirk as he looked at Luffy.

"I.... I was just watching the show of course!!" Luffy said in defense of himself.

"Uh huh... sure," Brook said as he let it go. He knew Luffy was lying, the 19 year old was a terrible liar.

After a little while, Brook needed to head out. 

"Practice tomorrow at 6pm. Bring your guitar and don't be late," Brook said as he walked out the door.

Luffy walked back to his room and looked at his beautiful guitar on its stand. It was an Epiphone Les Paul Special Satin E1 in the Ebony color. His guitar was the one thing that Luffy actually took care of. On the back of the guitar he had the signatures of all his family and friends in silver sharpie. 

He removed it from its stand and played for a little while, just to make sure everything sounded right. After he played, he cleaned it and placed it in its case to take with him the next day.

He showered and went to bed shortly after, looking forward to Monday.

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

Just a little intermission chapter. 

Hope you liked it <3

(805 words)