CHAPTER 4

This is what I do instead of sleeping or working on my psych paper that's due tomorrow.

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

The week passed by quickly for the band. The daily practices definitely helped them get their shit together.

For Luffy though, the week was as long as he imagined it would be. Having to be with Law was mentally taxing because the older man kept flirting with the easily flustered 19 year old. Luffy was almost 100% sure Law was doing it on purpose.

Law especially liked to flirt when they were singing romance songs, doing things like getting super close to Luffy and sharing his mic.

Finally, the day of the concert was upon them, and they felt comfortable with their setlist. Luffy was nervous to play and sing in front of a crowd. Nami and Zoro were going to be there, so he could always just look at them if he needed to.

The band all drove separate, but met up at the back doors of the bar. They walked in together and set up their room behind the stage. They went over a brief gameplan, but for the most part Brook said to just have fun.

The lights around the room dimmed, the stage lights brightened and the band started their first song. As they played the intro, they all walked out onto the stage.

Luffy played his way through the first few songs making minimal mistakes. He had a few voice cracks, but those went away after his voice was warmed up. He started sweating, but still put his all into the songs he sang and played.

When it was time for the 12th song, Luffy had a plan. Brook had never said he couldn't do his own thing, and that was exactly what he was going to do. It was their last song anyways.

As he and Law started to play the beginning guitar riffs, Luffy walked up to the lead mic and started to sing in a low voice.

Desperate for changing
Starving for truth
I'm closer to where I started
I'm chasing after you

The whole band joined in and Luffy started to get a little louder. He stole a quick glance at Law as he sung the verses.

I'm falling even more in love with you
Letting go of all I've held on to
I'm standing here until you make me move
I'm hanging by a moment here with you
Forgetting all I'm lacking
Completely incomplete
I'll take your invitation
You take all of me now

Luffy took a deep breath as he prepared to pour his heart and soul into the next lines. As he sang, he moved around the stage a little bit. Then, right as he started to sing, he placed himself at Law's mic, singing with him.

I'm falling even more in love with you
Letting go of all I've held on to
I'm standing here until you make me move
I'm hanging by a moment here with you
I'm living for the only thing I know
I'm running and not quite sure where to go
And I don't know what I'm diving into
Just hanging by a moment here with you

The two sang the part together, both putting all of their feelings into the verse. Luffy and Law were so close to each other that as they sang that they could feel the breath of the other on their lips. Both men so badly wanted to close the gap, but Luffy pulled away before that happened. Luffy went back to moving around the stage while singing and playing his guitar.

There's nothing else to lose
There's nothing else to find
There's nothing in the world
That can change my mind
There is nothing else

The music slowed down again and he moved back to his mic up front and sang as he held it.

Desperate for changing
Starving for truth
I'm closer to where I started
I'm chasing after you

The music picked up again and Luffy prepared to go out with a bang. He put his all into the last verse. He closed his eyes and sang, yelling the lyrics.

I'm falling even more in love with you
Letting go of all I've held on to
I'm standing here until you make me move
I'm hanging by a moment here with you
I'm living for the only thing I know
I'm running and not quite sure where to go
And I don't know what I'm diving into
Just hanging by a moment here with you
Hanging by a moment
Hanging by a moment
Hanging by a moment here with you

As the song ended, Luffy stood up panting, trying to catch his breath. The crowd erupted in cheers, applause and whistles. Luffy gave a big smile and gave a small bow as he and the other members walked off the stage.

Once backstage, Brook and Perona left to go find their family, leaving Law and Luffy by themselves.

Luffy turned to Law to say something, but before any sounds could leave his mouth Law kissed him fiercely. Luffy was taken aback at first, but then he melted into Law's arms and kissed back.

They stumbled backward into a wall. Law licked Luffy's bottom lip and Luffy opened his mouth, letting the older man in. The two stood there kissing for what felt like eternity but was probably only a few minutes. Law finally pulled back and looked at Luffy's flushed face.

"That's for teasing me out there," Law said as he breathed heavily.

"Maybe I should tease you more often," Luffy said with a small smile.

"HEY!!" the two men heard a voice yell at them. They both turned to face the door and standing there was Luffy's entire friend group; all of them staring at the two flushed men. "Get a fucking room. Damn," Zoro said while rolling his eyes, but he was smiling..

Law leaned close to Luffy's ear and whispered lowly, "We will finish this later." Then he separated himself from Luffy with a wink and a small smirk.

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

Song: Hanging By a Moment by Lifehouse.

And that's all for the rockband AU. I really really hope you liked it. Personally I had a lot of fun writing it.

Love you all <3

(1061 words)