Where Gold drops run bitter (Part 1) [📖]

═════════════════════════

Where Gold Drops Run Bitter

This story takes place in an alternate timeline of HISTORIA. Where instead of Martial, Hukbalahap, and Phil dying, it had been Del to be the first to die. Martial and Hukbalahap are forced to navigate the world on their own, without the help of the eldest son of the Ophirian-Maharlikan family as a mysterious figure obscured in black with unknown intentions haunt the children.

═════════════════════════

Please note that: THE EVENTS IN THIS STORY ARE ABSOLUTELY UNRELATED TO HISTORIA. I don't want readers to be confused, so I'll make it clear before you read. The characters' actions here are not parallel to their actions in HISTORIA (especially Martial's). If you see a character do something in this story, it doesn't mean they will do the same in HISTORIA.

This is simply a "what-if" scenario. All of the characters' actions are hypothetical and do not necessarily mean they will commit the same actions in HISTORIA.

═════════════════════════

⚠️ WARNINGS INCLUDE:

Death
Murder
Child abuse
Mental illness
General abuse
Extreme violence
Torture/mentioned torture
Hallucinations/derealization
Descriptions of blood and gore

If you are uncomfortable with these topics, please exit the story.

"Where Gold drops run bitter" is a fictional story featuring fictional personifications of countries/flags. The content is not meant to offend or harm anyone.

Also, this chapter has A LOT of words, so this will be a VERY long chapter. O⁠_⁠o so make sure to grab your drinks, snacks, and have some good music playing in the background! (⁠。⁠•̀⁠ᴗ⁠-⁠)✨

And for those who wish to proceed, please enjoy! (⁠人⁠*⁠'⁠∀⁠`⁠)⁠。⁠*゚💛✨

═════════════════════════

.

.

.

═════════════════════════

During the last few seconds before the flaming ball of fire propelled towards them, the world turned quiet- As if it had stopped spinning completely and time elongated somehow. Nothing other than the deafening silence could be heard from miles. Every single sound, replaced with only deafness- White static that could kill those who were human.

And nobody within the palace had time to react before such a force was unleashed on the building. The bare amount of time to come to one's senses wasn't enough until the burning realization arrived later, and at a time where immense pain and nothing else could be felt.

"Martial," Del tilted his head when his brother had suddenly become quiet, "What's the matter?"

Martial didn't turn around to look at Del and instead, kept staring out of the window. Del hummed in confusion as he and Hukbalahap glanced at one another with worried stares. Somehow, the fire below the palace started feeling hotter- More suffocating than it had to be.

Suddenly, Martial finally turned around to face Del and Hukbalahap. A solemn, expression, but eyes wide and piercing when Del stared a little too longer. However, the younger boy wasn't saying anything. What was Martial trying to say? Was he trying to tell Del something with just a stare alone?