SEVEN.

JUDE HAD BEEN HOME FOR THE PAST FOUR DAYS, doing nothing but occupying himself with pointless activities to keep him from spiralling into thoughts.

He could no longer focus properly on his personal life, football had become even more of a priority to him now than it was before. That being said, he kept to himself unless it was something to do with his immediate family, or the situation regarding his potential transfer to Real Madrid.

Jude seemed to forget that he had other responsibilities, i.e. the girlfriend that he had jealously gotten after hearing rumours of Kamaia moving on with other people. And it didn't help his case that Cameron was one of the most attention seeking and demanding people that Jude had ever met.

So there he was, minding his own business as he watched How To Get Away With Murder, alone in his house as his mum went out to run a few errands.

Tuning out from the show and using it as background noise for a moment, Jude unlocked his phone, clicking on the photo app and scrolling to his hidden photos.

That section itself counted as a whole folder, it was full of pictures of him and Kamaia, or of just her.

This was becoming a daily occurrence in Jude's life; he'd find himself wondering why he let certain people influence him which inevitably led to him breaking up with the one person that he felt he could ever truly love.

Looking at each photo felt like a sharp stab to the chest, until Jude reached one photo that he took of his ex girlfriend, probably his favourite picture of her. It made him smile, and quite smug, as he realised that the same picture was her current profile picture on Instagram.

But before he could swipe to look at more painful memories, a harsh knock at the door took Jude's attention away from his phone.

Frowning as he got up, Jude thought about who it could be. His mum had her key and wouldn't need to knock, his dad and brother were all the way in Sunderland, and none of his friends were coming over.

Opening the door, Jude was quickly pushed aside as Cameron walked into the house uninvited, folding her umbrella as she went.

"Sorry I'm late. Didn't think it would be raining that much, I would've gotten a cab otherwise," she laughed, completely ignoring the puzzled look on her boyfriend's face.

Pausing for a little before snapping out of his trance, Jude closed the door before following Cameron to the kitchen, watching as she helped herself to the fridge.

"Ok not to sound rude or anything, but what are you doing here?" He asked her.

"What do you mean? I'm here to spend the night," she answered, gesturing to the gym bag that had suddenly appeared in the room.

"Huh? When did we decide this?"

"We didn't. You mentioned you'd be free 'one of these days' so I took the initiative of coming today."

Jude had never been so baffed by a woman before.

"What... Why?" He struggled to find the words to express his feelings.

"What do you mean 'why'? We're a couple, Jude. Spending time together is a necessity and you haven't been holding up to your part of that bargain," she mumbled the last part, but he heard her clearly.

"Bargain? I don't remember signing a contract for this," he chuckled sarcastically, moving past her to find a snack in the cupboards.

"Whatever. Why do you have Winders? They're disgusting." Cameron scrunched up her face as she watched Jude open a packet of the snack.