EIGHT.

KAMAIA WONDERED WHAT SHE HAD DONE IN HER LIFE TO DESERVE THIS. Ever since her and Jude broke up, situations were being thrown in her face time and time again. Situations that she felt she had no control over.

Staring at the text from a contact with an email who could be no other than Jude, Kamaia groaned as she threw her phone on the other side of her bed, opting to roll under the covers and ignore all of her responsibilities instead.

She had nothing to do today anyway, besides catch up with her management team and the girls, she was pretty much free.

Around half an hour later, she finally mustered up the courage to leave her comfortable bed, playing her slow jams playlist as she got ready.

Emerging from the bathroom moments later, Kamaia held a puzzled expression on her face as she wondered why her music had stopped playing, looking on her phone to see an incoming call from Jadon.

It wasn't that she wasn't in the mood to speak to him, she just didn't want her emotions to come off on him, especially after all he'd been doing for her.

Making sure she looked decent before she accepted the facetime request, Kamaia moved from her bedroom to her kitchen, where she began to make her breakfast. Or rather, her lunch.

"Hello?"

"Kam," Jadon dragged out the 'm' to her name. "What you saying?"

"Jadon, how many times have I told you? I'm not one of your boys," she sighed, nonetheless smiling because of the smile that he had adorned on his face.

"My bad, my bad. You good though?"

"Um," Kamaia debated telling him all about her issues. "Kind of."

There was some shuffling on his end, what looked like him moving into a more comfortable position. "What's wrong?"

One thing Kamaia liked a lot about Jadon was how attentive he was. He was somehow able to pick up on when people weren't feeling like themselves and ease them into letting out their emotions.

Like Jude used to do with her. Until everything went downhill for them.

"It's okay, it's not the deep. I'll thug it out, trust," she held up her hands and closed her eyes, earning a laugh from the man on the other end of the phone.

"That's funny and all but for real, tell me what's wrong."

Kamaia let out a soft sigh before beginning. "Jude messaged me yesterday. Long story short, he said he missed me and that he wants to explain everything. But I don't know how to feel about that. Like why would you miss me when you broke up with me, and you have a whole girl?"

"Yeah, I hear that." Jadon commented before letting her carry on with her rant.

"And like, to say that after all these months is just bullshit because he had so much time to give me closure but decided not to. And I don't know if I should actually get that closure or just move on instead."

"I'm gonna be real with you, Kam." Jadon started. "You might not love Jude at the moment, but you'll always have love for him. So it's only right that you get that closure because you didn't deserve what he did to you."

"And secondly, the reason why it bothers you so much is because of that love that you have for him. You two were together for ages and he was good to you, until that happened."

Jadon's words made sense, but they weren't the words that Kamaia wanted to hear. "Man, fuck you and your wannabe Jerry Springer self," she kissed her teeth.

Jadon let out a loud laugh at her insult. "Yo, watch who you're talking to."

"You're right, I guess. I'll leave it alone for now but I'll text him back. Maybe."

"See? Progress." Jadon clapped for her. "Also I miss when Jude wasn't mad at me so I need you two to pattern up quick, yeah?"

"I have nothing to do with that, I don't even know why he's mad at you."

"Because he thinks I'm trying to move to you."

"But you're not... so why don't you just tell him that?"

"Give him a taste of his own medicine, innit?" He smirked.

"You're sick," Kamaia laughed a little.

The two stayed on the phone for a few more hours as Jadon ran small errands and Kamaia did what she needed to do for the day before they hung up, Jadon's words of advice running through her head.

She needed the closure from Jude, but she also knew that it had the possibility to sever things between them even more.

notes.
i want jude so bad guys.
screaming my man fr 😕

anyways i'm saying this now,
but school's opening again
#year13 (i'm so fucking
scared) but i won't be that
active on here, so please refrain
from asking for updates !!! i'm
doing my best but rn school
is my top priority unfortunately
☺️☺️☺️☺️