Chapter 10

Sunghoon's POV

I decided to spend the night up with the angels . As I was passing through the gates , I noticed two burly angels standing in front . A young angel approached them .

" Do you know this angel ? " one of them asked , shoving a paper in the angel's face . When he shook his head , they let him through with a suspicious eye . I strained my neck to see who's picture that was .

When I saw it , I shrunk back . It was me . I was on the run . As I walked along the outer edge of the city , I saw pictures of me everywhere with " Wanted : Dead or Alive " above it .

The thought that some angels would want me dead made me shiver . I grabbed a hat off some random angel , and with shouts of protest , managed to get away with it . I kept it low as I called someone over .

" Who's this Sunghoon kid ? " I asked in a deep voice . She looked at me funny , but replied , " He betrayed the angels supposedly .

He was supposed to get his wings cut off , but managed to escape . I don't know much more , sorry . " I sighed . " It's fine . Has anything else happened ? I've been gone for a while , "

I asked . She shrugged . " I heard the guy that was supposed to cut Sunghoon's wings off supposedly helped him , so he was persecuted , " she replied .

A lump caught in my throat . " Thank you , " I replied before hurrying off . Mr. Kim ... dead ??? I couldn't wrap my head around it .

He's been there for me all my life . More importantly , he's been ... there . Alive . Capable of being contacted . Now he's none of that .

" Hey ! You ! "

I heard someone say behind me . I turned around to see a tall angel pointing at me . " I know you ! You're ... " he couldn't say any more before I clamped my hand over his mouth . " I was never here . You never saw me , " I whispered to him harshly . He nodded , obviously terrified .

I took my hand off his mouth and backed away slowly . He stared at me as I turned around and ran off .