Chapter 46

Wonyoung's pov

"I'm going to walk around the neighborhood!" I called to Aunt Seulgi, who was making dinner in the kitchen. "Alright sweetie! Be home before 7," she called as I walked out, closing the door behind me.

I scanned my street, looking at all the houses and children playing in front of them. I saw a young boy, maybe 6 or 7, pass my house on a skateboard. "LOOK JIHOON, I'M DOING IT!!!!!" he shouted over his shoulder. While he wasn't looking, he hit a rock, and landed face first on the concrete. I gasped and ran up to him.

"Are you okay?" I asked. He put his head in his hands and started bawling. "! Junmin!" someone called behind me. I got out of the way when another guy who looked around my age raced up to him and picked him up. "Is he okay?? That's my house right there, do you want me to get anything for you??" I asked.

"No, no, don't worry, my house is right there. Thanks for offering, though," the older boy said. "Oh okay. I hope you feel better," I said to the crying child. The older boy flashed a quick smile at me before turning around and running back to his
house.

I imagined what Yujin would say to me in this situation. "Look, wonyoung, guys are literally falling for you EVERYWHERE!!!" I smiled at the thought. I really missed her. It's been a day or two since I last talked to her. I decided I would FaceTime her after dinner.

I started walking in the opposite direction that the boys had come from. "It's beautiful in the summertime," I whispered to myself. I saw an oak tree peeking out from behind someone's house. It reminded me of the oak tree back at home. God, the last time I saw that was when Ben kissed me.

Thinking about the kiss made me think about Ben in general. He hasn't tried to contact me in any way since I left. I missed him so much. His smile, his laugh, his eyes, his voice, just him overall. The more I thought about him, the more my heart ached for him.

I wanted us to be that adorable couple that
always held hands and did silly things together. I wanted us to curl up together at night after a long day and just...talk. About everything, anything, and sometimes nothing. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. Get married, have kids, grow old and die together. Is this what true love is? l've never felt it before.

I shook my head. Wonyoung, you're 16. There's no way you can feel true love so young. But is there? Because this is what it sure felt like.

When I'd emerged from my thoughts, I had no idea where I was. "Shit," I muttered. I checked the time on my phone. "6:50" it read as it lit up. "Damn, I need to get back," I said. I turned around and started walking.

"... Seom-yeon... who the hell comes up with these names?" I muttered to myself. Finally I started to recognize the names, until I got to my street.

I started walking up to my house when the
older boy I saw earlier was slowly driving through the street, trying not to run over kids. I waved to him and ran up to the car.

He stopped and rolled down the window. "Hi. How's that kid... Junmin right? I think that's what you said," I asked. "Yeah it's Junmin. I think he'll be fine, but he has a bloody nose.

I'm just going to the store to get some medicine," he said. "Oh okay. I hope he feels better!" I said. "Thanks," the boy said with a grin. "My name's Jihoon, by the way," he said with a wink before rolling up the window and trying to get out of the street.