𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟱

The next night, you decided to accompany Daniel at the convenience store once again, not trusting that he'd be able to keep himself safe if Zack's goons were to show up again. 

Also because you didn't have anything to do in your original body on the days you weren't working.

You stood next to him, arm blocking him as a way to tell anyone who entered that you wouldn't let anything happen to him. 

"(Y/n), this is kinda unnecessary." he spoke.

"Be quiet and ring up the customers before I leave and let you get your ass beat. You're forgetting that I'm not getting paid for working this extra shift."

"You're not working-"

"Shut up."

It was 3am and there weren't many customers, so you just barely let down your 'guard', sitting down behind the counter, while Daniel decided to do some working out in front of the entrance. He began with pushups. He couldn't even finish the first pushup before, conveniently, another customer arrived, catching Daniel laying on his stomach on the floor.

She smiled, a small giggle escaping her lips.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I work out a lot too, just like that. I apologize if I made you feel bad."

Daniel quickly got up and shuffled back behind the counter. The woman grabbed a few drinks from the fridge, paying for all of them and leaving two behind for you and Daniel.

"You must be tired. Drink this!" she told Daniel. "And give this to her too." she smiled at you.

You smiled back, nodding in thanks before she left the store. You took the drink from Daniel, it was (favorite drink).

The bell on the door rang once again, signaling to you that someone had entered the store. It was a small boy with glasses.

"Where are the chargers?" he asked.

"Over there." Daniel pointed to a shelf near the door, where the chargers were held.

He nodded and wandered over there, lingering in the aisle for a few minutes. He seemed suspicious.

"How long does it take to grab a charger? Holy shit.." you mumble to yourself.

The boy glanced over at you and Daniel, sweat dripping down his forehead as he snatched a charger and ran off. 

"WAIT!" yelled Daniel, pushing you out of his way.

"(Y/N), YOU STAY HERE AND WATCH THE STORE." he ordered before sprinting out.

"FUCK!"

You paced around behind the counter, contemplating what you should do. Thoughts swirled in your mind, you could think of a ton of things you could've done, but you narrowed it down to two options.

1. Go help Daniel and leave the store unattended. Which would make you feel better, knowing whether or not he was okay, but risked him getting fired.

2. Respect Daniel's wishes by letting him handle the thief himself, while you stay and handle the customers.

You ultimately decided to stay in the shop. Not because you didn't care for his well-being, but because you couldn't let Daniel get fired. You two needed the money, after all, you were providing for 4 people, rather than the 2 that you expected. 

Not only that, but Daniel needed to learn to defend himself, he couldn't always rely on you to protect him. 

So you waited.

You shot up from your seat when you heard the door bell sound, only to find it was just another customer. 

The man was tall, muscular, arms covered in tattoos.