Guilty Confrontations

Once April had gone out to the parking lot Lily made her way back to the bathroom to finally let out her panic attack in peace. The second she got into a stall she ended up puking her guts out. How was this happening? Had he really just threatened to kill someone? Lily was more terrified than ever finally understanding how far he was willing to go. She felt so trapped. There was no way out. She knew she wouldn't be able to hold back her tears long enough to get home. She couldn't help it. He'd been so close to her. The way he'd touched her skin... It was too much.

Brandon was on his way to the parking lot from the locker room when he saw her walking down the east wing.

"Lily!" he called. He didn't want to see her, it hurt too much, but he needed to know why. Why did she do it? "Lily!"

"What?!" She turned around clearly agitated but it quickly turned to terror, eyes growing panicked upon seeing his face.

"Stop" she said remembering the threat as he started walking towards her. "Just stop. You need to stay away from me. I can't have you near me."

"No. I'm not going anywhere until we talk about this. You owe me that."

"I don't owe anyone anything. God, what do you want from me? Haven't you and your cousin done enough in the past 72 hours? Can't you just leave me alone?!" she demanded with tears streaming down her face.

Brandon stepped back surprised. He hadn't expected to see her like this. It was unsettling. He always hated to see her cry, even now.

"Of the two of us I think I'm the one who deserves to be upset."

"Don't start with that. I didn't ask for it! Fuck, I can't... I can't hear this again. Just please..." she sobbed rubbing her hands over her face to brush away the tears.

"I just need to kn- Wow. Holy shit. What the hell happened to you?"

When she wiped the tears away the make-up hiding her bruises smeared off revealing the ugly purple marks covering her face. They'd set over the weekend making them look even worse than before. She looked scary.

"What?" she asked mentally exhausted at this point.

"Your face..." he trailed worriedly reaching up to touch her cheek.

Lily went pale looking down at her sleeve and realizing what happened.

"I have to go" she said ducking her head and running off.

"Wait! Lily, talk to me!" he called chasing after her. But by the time he rounded the corner she'd vanished. He kept searching for a few minutes before giving up and walking back to Chris' car. He couldn't think of anything else on the ride home even when he desperately tried to distract himself. He was scared. Those weren't just the usual injuries she'd get at dance practice from time to time. She'd looked terrified when he mentioned it. He didn't want to think something happened to her but... the only thing that could have done that to her is another person. Maybe it was out of place for him to even care given what happened between them but he couldn't ignore it. Plus, he had this uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach telling him he knew more than he thought...