Chpt 5- Safe?

Kai's POV -
Upper body raised , blanket cover slumping onto my outstretched legs, eye colour dimmed, neck confined in what felt like bandages, body weakened , memory loss on the occurrence yesterday, shrouded in a darkened room, I'm alone once more.

Slouching myself forward, in agonising pain, the room door creaked open, forcing a stream of light to brighten my once completely darkened environment.

Zane's POV -
Happily carrying a plate of Strawberry deluxe pancake stack, metallic heart beating excitedly, as Lloyd gently creaked open the door, what appeared was...heartbreaking.

Noticing Kai slouched over, hair messily flopped forward, shadowing his face, hands clenched together, resting on his legs, as tears heavily streamed down his cheeks.

Cautiously approaching him, Lloyd closely at my heel, uncertain what was happening, more we'd neared, the more we both could tell Kai was deeply hurt and in agonising pain.

Nya's POV -
Anxiously rubbing my arm, biting the corner of my lip, pacing near Kai's room, dreading every worst possibility, everyone else had unfortunately left on separate errands, meaning it was only me, Lloyd, Zane, pixel and Kai left at the monastery.

Kai's POV -
Awkwardly glaring to the side, avoiding eye contact, wanting to bear my own suffering, unfortunately Zane sat next to me, handing Lloyd the plate of pancakes.

Flinching at a sudden movement, Zane had begun gently rubbing my back, his happiness fading to concern... no this wasn't my intention.

"Kai it's alright, you're safe, nothing happened yesterday, only occurrence was we had abandoned you here,unintentionally alone, allowing that THING to harm you, we're sincerely sorry" Pupils contracting, that explains the wound... sighing in response, I had to tell then his true tainted name. "Lloyd, Zane, Nya and Pixel, listen carefully, that THINGS name is the Oni Of Despair, a true embodiment of the Devil himself... h-he's also got Wu... I'm sorry myself, we couldn't save him ourselves... that monstrosity is using our sensei to read ancient, forbidden scrolls for his evil bidding"

Lowering my head further, fist clenched even tighter, drawing blood, Zane surprisingly embraced me in a half, uncomfortable hug, smiling happily to himself, shockingly enough, not even Lloyd revealed any anger or resentment, confusing me in the process.

"Thank you Kai, you've shown us your true loyalty, despite the... recent events, we trust you, it may take awhile to rebuild our brotherly bond but we will be patient, you are free here and Oni Of Hatred, thank you for everything you've done for us and Kai"

Smiling uncontrollably, raising my head a little, Nya decided to finally enter the room, baring a saddened expression.

Nya's POV -
Watching Zane shuffle aside, allowing me to lung forward, embracing my brother in a inhuman bear hug, sobbing willingly, a brightened smile returning to my face, this all felt surreal.

Oni Of Hatred POV -
Happily grinning, all four arms crossed, I'm grateful they accepted Kai... however, for how long? One transformation, partial or complete and they'll shun us, even if it's to protect them, they just can't understand what we're trying to accomplish, such weak minded individuals.