Chpt 8 - Race Against The Clock

Oni Of Hatred POV -
Crouched down, in Kai's bedroom, trying to each under the bed, we had secretly hid a frail wooden box, which had been safely wrapped in ancient seals.

Sighing to myself, eventually managing to pull it out, a cloud of dust following afterwards, softly landing on our rear, box steadily placed between our legs, this was our final chance to end the Oni Of Despair... permanently.

"Only problem is, neither of us can unseal this box... Wu would've been our best bet but.... Tch everything is unraveling, rapidly each passing minute, allowing us little manoeuvrability".  Groaning in response, flopping backwards a little, staring blankly at the suspiciously opened room door, we had closed it so...

Pushing Kai's body forward, cradling the sealed box, breathing rapidly in distress, silence, not a single presence, who opened our door? Morro was a likely culprit however HE also had the ability to tamper with our environment as well.

Oni claws gripping the sealed box firmly, tusk bared, back hunched, constantly checking our surroundings, I wonder why haven't they advanced? Maybe for us to be off guard?

"Reveal yourself, I know you're here somewhere, whoever you are". At that, to my surprise, a small delicate figure appeared behind us, shakily holding something within her palms. "Kai... sorry, Oni Of Hatred, please take this, you're the only one who can free my brother and Master Wu... if you plan to leave, I'd do it now, the others are on the hunt for you both"

Not releasing our tension once,could this be a trap? A simple form of manipulation? It's strange, I could easily read anyone like an open book but Kai's sister there was... nothing.

Cautiously watching Nya place an unusual talisman directly behind us, she immediately stepped into the corridor, about to close our door she hesitated. "Oni Of Hatred, that'll help unseal the box, whatever the box with have within has the tool to defeat that Oni, doesn't it?" She paused to kneel down. "Please kill The Oni Of Despair". At that Nya hurriedly closed our door without another word, such strange behaviour, oh well, guess it's time to end this all...