2: i like girls who don't like me

Maisie's POV:

I was making a pit walk as the camera followed me.

"And over here we have the McLaren team who are expected to have a better year than last one. We see the mechanics working in the front wing of the new rookie Oscar Piastri who is partnering up with Lando Norris in the orange team." I spoke as the camera zoomed in the car. "Will they surpass the expectations?" I looked at the camera with a smile.

"And cut." The camera man spoke.

"Great job Maisie. Wonderful as always." The producer told me and I smiled. "Take a break before the interviews." He told me and I nodded.

"Thank you." I smiled and he walked away.

Everyone left except Chiara. We exchanged looks and just as she was about to talk I heard another voice.

"Maisie." I turned around meeting Oscar.

"Hey Oscar." I smiled giving him a short hug.

"And Chiara, right?" He pointed at Chi and she nodded.

"Guess now everybody randomly knows my name." She joked and we chuckled softly.

"Hey Maisie I was gonna ask you if..." He started saying and I looked at him attentively.

"Maisie Findlay." I heard another voice and felt an arm wrap around me. I turned my head seeing Lando's smug smile.

"Lando Norris." I raised my eyebrows. "Do you always go around invading people's personal space?" I asked and he chuckled softly.

"Only if I like them." He winked and I rolled my eyes with a smile. "Do you like my arm around you?" He asked jokingly.

"No." I replied taking it off and he chuckled. I smiled looking up at him. Oscar cleared his throat.

"I'm sorry Oscar, what where you going to ask me?" I asked looking back at him. Lando crossed his arms looking at him.

"Nothing important. It was nice seeing you Maisie." Oscar pursed his lips on a smile.

"Yeah, you too." I smiled and he nodded walking away.

"Should I leave you two?" Chiara asked pointing at us with her pen.

"The more the merrier." Lando joked and I scoffed rolling my eyes.

I started walking through the pit lane and he followed me, running a bit to catch up with me.  Chiara walked behind us looking at her hardboard, ignoring Lando's attempt of flirting with me.

"You still owe me that interview." He stood in front of me walking backwards and I scoffed.

"We can do it right now." I stopped and he stopped, that smirk appearing on his face. "Mr. Norris." I spoke and he raised his eyebrows slightly. "Why are you so extremely annoying?" I asked going around him to keep walking.

He caught up with me again and I kept walking ignoring his presence.

"I prefer charming." He spoke and I scoffed.

"How about irritating?" I fired back.

"Oh." He feigned being hurt, putting his hand on his chest. "I like girls who don't like me." He spoke leaning in towards me, I pushed him back hiding a smile.

"Maisie." We heard another voice and I saw Carlos. "I see you've met Lando." He added and I nodded raising my eyebrows.

"I have." I looked at Lando and he smiled innocently. "He is as irritating as you said he was." I added and he chuckled.