9: he's not giving up on you

Lando's POV:

I was scrolling through my phone. I was making a little bit of research on Maisie's ex.

Frankie De Jong.

26 years old, Dutch, 5'11.

5'11?!

I sat up straight on the chair. They weren't really public, just a few pictures of them and some of her at his football matches. He was currently dating a girl called Kiara Davis. I searched up her name on Instagram and scrolled down her Insta. I saw some pictures of her and Maisie and furrowed my brows.

She must be her ex friend. She was a model, more of an influencer.

Wow Lando, not creepy at all.

I was pulled out of my research when I heard a groan. I turned my head towards Carlos.

"What mate?" I asked and he turned his head towards me.

"My head hurts." He replied and I sighed and stood up.

I walked towards my bag and pulled out some aspirins. I grabbed a water bottle from the table and walked towards him. He sat up straight on the bed and I handed him the aspirin and the water bottle.

"Thanks." He told me and I smiled softly.

He swallowed the pill using the water and coughed a little. He reached to grab his phone.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Saying good morning to Chi." He replied like it was obvious and I chuckled. "You should do the same with Maisie." He looked up at me for a second.

"I always do, she just never replies." I put my hands i my pockets and he chuckled.

"Give her time." He spoke not taking his eyes off his phone. Carlo's phone buzzed and a smile appeared on his face.

I looked at my phone and opened my chat with Maisie.

Maisie Findlay 📒
Good morninggg Maisie Findlay

I sighed turning my phone off after sending the text and looked back at Carlos who was texting and smiling at his screen. My phone dinged and I furrowed my brows pulling it out of my pocket again.

Good morning Mr. Norris

I smiled looking at my screen and chuckled softly.

"She replied, didn't she?" Carlos asked and I nodded smiling. "Atta boy." He chuckled punching my arm softly.

[...]

Maisie's POV:

I walked into the lobby with my suitcase. I made my way to the front desk and saw two familiar faces. George was checking out and Oscar stood besides him wearing a dark hoodie and shades.

"Sunny day, right?" I joked and they turned to me.

"Only for Oscar apparently." George smiled pointing at him and Oscar gave him an unamused look.

"I actually had fun last night." He spoke pushing his dark shades up the bridge of his nose.

"Are you even allowed to drink?" I joked and George laughed.

"Haha." Oscar fake laughed and I laughed amused. "You should've gone to the party." He spoke and I pursed my lips on a smile.

"Yeah, we missed you." George added and I chuckled softly.