8: y yo pensaba que yo era obvio

Maisie's POV:

"This is unacceptable. Please, please please, tell them to wait, to wait." Carlos' voice was filled with desperation.

I looked at Chi and saw her worried eyes fixated on the screen. She let out a sigh and passed her hand through her hair.

"Go." I told her and she looked at me confused. "Go check up on him, he'll need it." I spoke and she looked at me, doubting if she should.

"But the..."

"Go." I repeated. "Hug him for me." I added and she smiled a little bit, nodding as she stood up.

She walked away and I followed her with my eyes. I turned my eyes back to the screen. Lando and Oscar were on the points. The race was about to finish.

[...]

I heard celebration and saw a lots of cameras surrounding someone, it was Oscar. He was the local hero who had just scored his first F1 points.

He spotted me and a smile appeared on his face.

"You're a psychic Maisie." He went in to hug him and I laughed rubbing his back.

"Congratulations. You deserve it." I squeezed his shoulder.

"You are my lucky charm." He told me and I chuckled shaking my head.

"I'm not anyone's lucky charm." I raised my eyebrows smiling and he chuckled.

"Alright, then I can take all the credit." He joked and I laughed.

"Go do your interviews. Local hero." I gave him a slight push and he smiled as he walked away.

I followed him with my eyes. He turned around one last time and waved at me with a smile on his face, I waved back.

I started walking towards the Ferrari motor home. Suddenly, I felt someone grab my arm, pulling me like I was light as a feather. I gasped and felt my back hit a wall softly.

"What are you doing?" I asked when I met a pair of blue eyes.

"If they see us they're going to start rumors. And we are just friends, aren't we?" He asked, a reading smile on his face as he leaned in.

"We are." I pushed him back alguien my, trying to ignore the fluttering in my stomach. He chuckled looking down at my hand and then looked back at me.

"I just wanted to thank you for being my lucky charm." He put his hands behind his back, his eyes shifting between my eyes and lips.

"You're welcome. First and last time." I spoke.

"Are you sure?" He squinted, pursing his lips.

"I am." I replied firmly, a smile on my face.

"We'll see." He whispered, moving a strand of hair off my face with two fingers. My breath ran short and I put the strand of hair behind my ear.

I hated the fluttering in my stomach. It made me feel so small. Like I was a high schooler with a crush. I cleared my throat trying to regain my composure.

"Me and the others are going to celebrate." He spoke and I raised my eyebrows nodding.

"Great, have fun." I told him trying to walk around him. He grabbed my arm softly and turned to look at me, the distance between us being so small.

"I wasn't informing you, I was inviting you." He spoke still holding my arm and I made a thinking face.

"Pass. I'll see you in Monaco, Mr. Norris." I fixed his polo's neck.