𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

{CHAPTER 0.5}
HOW TO MAKE YOU SCREAM

Our goodbye was never said, yet you said hello-a

-a.r

𖤐

I WANTED TO STAY IN HIS ARMS FOREVER, if forever was granted to us. This is how I wanted to spend it. He laid next to me sleeping soundly, the time read 5;30 am I slipped from his grip, soon grabbing my clothes and sneaking towards the door. Before I closed it I looked back at what I would be leaving Chad in a bed alone, I crept down the stairs seeing Wes passed out on the bottom step and Mindy passed out on the couch not to mention Tara and Amber sleeping in the chairs next to her. "Does he know you're leaving?" I heard a voice question softly, turning around I saw it was tara. "No..he's happy with her. Tonight was a drunken mis—"Dont bullshit his feelings Alex." She told me soon walking over. "Or your own."

PRESENT DAY

"Chad...can we just not." I told him dreading this conversation, in truth Chad he was the first boy I ever loved and that's what scares the literal shit out of me. I'm afraid I'm like my mom; and I can't let him love me like she wouldn't let my dad. She was afraid then and I am now, Gale Weathers would rather be lonely doing what she loved then happy feeling whole and letting her true feeling out guess that's just us Weather women. "Then when Alex? When are you going to let me all the way in?" He questioned as we pulled up to my house, looking at me with gentle eyes. "I don't have to let you in if you have Liv!" I shouted, as tears formed in my eyes.

He was struck by my words, taking his eyes off me hurt by my words. The brief silence was filled by Chad's phone. It was Mindy. He soon picked up, "Yea Mind this isn't a good time." He stated placing his hands on the wheel soon putting his head down. " —Wes and the sheriff are dead." She said, with a hint of worry present in her voice. "Wh–what?" I fumbled over my words. "Sam called..she's at the scene."

"So is my dad." I figured seeing his car gone as tears fell. We pulled up to Wes's house..what was his house and I saw my mom approaching my dad. I rushed over to the two instantly. Mom. I greeted rushing over to her, "Ladybug." She hugged kissing my forehead. "A text? You tell me the killer is back with a text?" She questions, shouting at him, slapping his shoulder. "Ow that hurts!" My father tells her. " Good!" She goes on. "You were on air."He defends with gentle eyes. "How would you know?" My mother questions in a stances. "A hunch."

"Yeah a hunch...it's not like you watch her every morning or anything like that dad." I mumble just loud enough to be heard as my dad smailes and glares at me. You look good he tells her, it was funny to me because to others that would just be three simple words to them both it was so much more. Every conversation they had meant more than it seemed. I soon looked over to the camera man. My dad noticed him too. We both had the same question on the tips of our tongues. "You just couldn't miss a good story, huh mom?"

"Don't be an asshole." My mom tells us both seeing those looks in our eyes. "I'm here because I'm worried about you." She goes on, "okay...and yes my producers wanted me to cover this, for obvious reasons. But 95% is because of you." She ended,looking over at me then my father. "Well we feel 95% better." My dad stated rolling his eyes and walking away. "Don't be so sensitive." She expressed, following after him. "You care about his feeling or mine now?" I spat. "One call a week and a shitty good morning text doesn't get you mother of the year." I spat bitterly. "Not to mention you barely talk to him, so.. "—Alex." My dad called my name warning my tone towards my mother.

"Fine, I'll go." I stated. "I would love that, go home with Chad back to his house." My father told me as it seems Sheriff Riley was coming out of retirement. "Wait your back with Chad? And you didn't tell me?" My mother stopped questioning, "No were no–"Chad mind taking her home?"My dad blurted out as I soon felt Chad behind me. "Hi Ms. Weather. Of course Mr. Riley" Chad greeted with a smile.

𖤐

A couple of hours went by I laid on Mindy's bed staring up at her ceiling fan as she laid next to me. "You wanna talk about it" She asked, messing with a hair. "Talk about what?" I asked, nonchalantly as it went around and around. "Well there's you and Chad and your mom coming back for a "ghostface scoop." she expressed. Before she could finish chad burst through the door, "What the hell— "Tara was attacked at the hospital again, Sam texted and said she was heading there." He told us as he jumped up at his words.

We all jumped out of the car rushing onto the scene and saw Sam and Richie talking to the deputies. As I scouted the scene looking for my dad I saw my mother rushing out of the car, the hospital doors opened and I saw the deputies and the Connors rolling out a body. I looked at my mother and I realized it was him. I run over as does my mother "No...no." I mumble out as I try to make my way over to him. My mother soon stopped me, "No. No. He's not–" I scream as tears roll down my cheeks. I break free from her grip making my way to his body. "STOP!" I shout, as I feel over the black bag unzipping it seeing my father covered in blood. I feel my body go numb, my heart crushing from inside out almost falling to my knees before I feel arms catch me in theirs. Death is inevitable but he shouldn't have died like this.

𖤐𖤐𖤐𖤐

My mother and I sat in the waiting room, heads against each other with nothing to say. Trying to somehow manage to live life without him in it. Sam slowly approached with a small smil, "I'm so sorry." She expressed,with genuine eyes. "Sorry my dds dead or that he helped you?" I spat feeling nothing trying to compose myself. "Both..he helped me." She went on, "—that's what he did. He helped people." My mother stated lifting her head off mine looking at Sam. The doctor soon announced that Tara was awake, by the look on Sam's face she didn't feel comfortable leaving but we let her know she could as she walked away with hesitation.

And we were back just the two of us. "Gale, Lexi." A voice I've known since I can remember speaks gently. Looking up we laid eyes on Aunt Sydney, I came as soon as I heard. She went on as we both stood up to meet her, "I'm so sorry." She told us both, taking us into an embrace. "He loved you both so much." She went on. "I'm gonna go see Tara." I took a deep breath as we let go of each other. "Okay baby..we'll be right here." My mother told me as I walked off. "How are you feeling?" I asked as I sat on the edge of her bed, "how are you feeling?" She asked me to see the tears in my puffy eyes. I stifled letting out a chuckle that turned into more tears.

A/N; CRIED WRITING THIS :(