and affection with.

the only remaining friend group i had, which was the one i shared with you, gets in a fight with my best friend.

i choose his side, obviously, because he means the world to me. i've known him for longer, i'm not going to pick some people that are getting distant over him.

it's humiliating.

he doesn't come to school for two weeks.

you don't look at me for two weeks.

you act disgusted and pretend you don't know me in the class we sit next to each other.

all because i chose to defend the only person i had left ?

we don't talk anymore.

it's sad, but it's true. it's what i need.

no more you calling me at random times in the morning because you can't sleep, no more hanging out with you after school, no more lunch together, no more nothing.

no more you.

it's for the best, but it hurts. it hurts so so much (name).

i post a picture with my new partner on instagram, even though we're not really together. it's just to make her ex and you jealous.

but you unfollow me after that.

you're so petty. you're allowed to go kiss other boys but i can't ?

i can't move on with my life ?

it's fine because it's finally the end of highschool. just these finals to go and i will never see you again.

but just when i think it's all going to be over, i see you looking at me during the tests.

you laugh with me and talk with me and your eyes-

it's like you're looking at me for the first time again.

never mind, it's more like you're looking at me like he never existed.

and i want to cry and say goodbye, but i don't.

i can't.

so this is it, this is the end. there were no last words exchanged between us as we both left the school we grew up in.

it's sad to think that our last interaction was an eye contact. nothing more, nothing less, just our eyes meeting for a brief second before pulling away.

but there is so much we need to talk about, so much we need to catch up on, so much we need to tell eachother. but we don't.

i just unfollow you back.

and just like that, our story ended.

and the worst part is, we never talked about it.