1

(Text like this is narraration)
(Text like this is talking/ something important)
(Text like this is from your POV)

Y/N Merrill has lived in castle rock for as long as she can remember, just like her older brother Ace Merrill. She came from a shitty family and tried to make the best of it. She was 12 going on 13 the first time she saw a dead body, it all started in the summer of 1959, in her and her friends tree house.

"I knock" said Chris chambers, my Long time crush since we met, playing a card game. I knew we'd never have anything or get together , it just wouldn't make sense. His family had a bad reputation and everybody just knew he'd turn out bad . Even Chris. I always saw the best in him though I knew he was smart but he didn't acknowledge it.

"29." Chris said confidently.

"22." Teddy Duchamp the craziest guy we hung around with said with disappointment in his voice. He didn't have much of a chance in life. His dad was given to fits of rage, one time he held Teddys ear to a stove and almost burned it off.

"Piss up a rope!" Said Gordie, realizing he had lost. He was the smartest kid we hung out with. I'm talking straight A's. Well, that was until April when his brother Denny died in a Jeep accident. Even before that his parents pretty much ignored his existence. But it got way worse since his death.

He went on to read a comic book instead of play with them.

Me and Gordie were pretty close since we were friends before we met any of them, he's the only one who knows I like Chris. Since we pretty much tell eachother everything.

After that I smirk and say "it's okay Gordo, you'll get 'em next time."

Chris looks over at me and smiles at me after I say that, I blush and look away.

Teddy notices and says "Chris, eyes on the game, not Y/N, anyways I knock." me and Chris both blush after that

" You four-eyed pile of shit." said Chris, in disbelief.

"This pile of shit has a thousand eyes." Teddy said.
I chuckle at his statement while Gordie and Chris look at each other and burst out into laughter.

"What I got Thirty, What do you got?" Teddy said. "Sixteen." Chris said while still dying of laughter, even though he lost.

We hear a random knock on the door

"That's not the secret knock."
Said Gordie.

"I forget the secret knock!"
As soon as he says that we and said
"Vern." So we of course, let him in

Vern was a kid our age, 12 going on 13, even though it didn't seem like it since he was significantly shorter, and bigger. He was always the butt of the joke. I felt bad for him sometimes.

"Oh man, you guys are not gonna believe this, this is so boss, oh man wait till you hear this, you won't believe it, it's unbelievable. Let me catch my breath I ran, all the way from my house." Vern said talking on and on

Me, Teddy Gordie and Chris all looked at eachother and started singing the lyrics of "I ran all the way home."

"Come on guys just listen to me this is boss, guys come on."

We continued singing and laughing

"Okay fine guys, I won't tell you nothing." Vern said

Chris quieted us all down to listen to Verns story.

"Ok, great you won't believe this, sincerely."

Teddy, Chris and Gordie continued singing again while I just laughed.

They quieted down when Vern said

"can you guys hang out tonight, if you tell your folks your camping out in my backyard?" Said Vern

"Yeah." Said Teddy
"Yea probably." Said Gordie
"Probably." I said
"I dunno my dads been kind of on a mean streak lately but probably." Said Chris.

Vern got to the point "Do you guys want to go see a dead body?"

we all looked at him, obviously confused
"What do you mean?" I said

Vern than went on to explain how he was digging under his front porch. We all knew what he meant. At the start of the school year Vern had buried a quart jar of penny's under his front porch, and drew a map so he could find them again. A week later Vern's mom cleaned his room and threw away the map. He has spent 9 months looking for the penny's. He didn't know if he should laugh or cry.

Anyways, he was digging for the penny's and he heard his brothers, Billy and Charlie Hogan come out and start talking about the missing kid, Ray Brower. We had all followed the Ray Brower story closely because he was a kid our age.

Billy and Charlie were talking, and Vern put the pieces together that they were out in Back Harlow road, and they found the dead body of Ray Brower. But they weren't going to tell anybody.

We all came up with a plan, we would tell our folks were camping out in Verns backyard. Vern would tell his parents he's sleeping over at Teddy's and we're going to see the drag races the next day. We would be rock solid until dinner tomorrow night. We were walking all the way to Back Harlow road to see the dead body of Ray Brower.

Though I wasn't interested in seeing his dead body, I wanted to spend more time with Chris .

Teddy and Vern went back to their house to get a sleeping bag and other stuff, while me Gordie and Chris all walked to our houses because they were closer.

" are we really going to see a dead body?" Gordie said, breaking the awkward silence.

"Yeah, man it's gonna be crazy and we're gonna be like famous."
Chris said excited , I smiled at him.

He smiled back and I blushed and looked away.

"See ya." said Gordie, going to his house.

"See ya." I replied

Now it was only me and Chris.

"What stuff do you think your bringing? Chris said, making conversation

I think for a second and than say
"Umm I don't know, the normal stuff?" Chris laughs at me

We talk for the rest of our 5 minute walk until we get to my house, we live on the same street but my house is a bit farther. 

"See you." I say, because I'll see him in about 45 minutes.

"Not if I see you first." He says and I laugh

Word count : 1107