chapter 3

You heard another loud noise, this time coming from the roof, it sounded like a helicopter. A bright spotlight was shining through the skylight. As a voice started to yell from a megaphone nearby.

"This is the NYPD! We have the building surrounded! Everyone stay where you are and do not resist! We are coming in!"

The fear and panic you felt grew as you heard the police officers voice through the megaphone. What do the police want at a birthday party.

Miles stop knocking on the door and looked at you. He didn't look scared at all, he had a cold and serious expression on his face as he opened is mouth to talk to you.

"Listen to me, (Y/N). We have to get out of here."

"Wait what? Why? What's going on Miles?"

"I can't explain right now. Just trust me, please ?"

"Okay, but how? The elevator is not working and there's no other way out."

"We might have to use the stairs."

"The stairs? But they're probably blocked by the police."

"Then we'll have to find another way."

He looked around the apartment and saw a fire escape right outside the window. He ran to the window and opened it. Looking down to a five stories high walk down.

"Come on, follow me."

He climbed out of the window and onto the fire escape, as he motioned for you to do the same.

You hesitated, not knowing if you should trust him like you just met him today.

But you also felt a sense of trust and curiosity. You liked Miles. You liked him a lot. He had been kind and funny and sweet to you. He had made you feel special and appreciated. He had made you feel happy and alive.

You climbed out of the window and onto the fire escape. The gust of wind and a drop of rain on your face. Up in the sky was dark and stormy. You looked down and saw that it was high and dangerous below. With police all round the building

But felt a surge of adrenaline and excitement. You wanted to see where Miles would take you, and explore this new adventure that he had started for you.

You held his hand and ran with him, down the fire escape, away from the party, away from the police.

The both of you reached the ground floor and ran to the street. As you saw police cars and vans blocking the entrance of the building, with officers and agents wearing bulletproof vests and helmets, carrying out their guns and shields.

A SWAT team was preparing to storm the apartment. As some news crews and different stations were filming the scene, with a reporter talking to the camera.

Why were police after Peter.

Miles looked around and saw a motorcycle parked on the sidewalk. He ran to it and checked if it had the keys.

He smiled "Jackpot."

He got on the motorcycle and started it. He looked at you

"Come on, hop on."

He offered you his hand and helped you get on the motorcycle behind him.

"Hold on tight."

He revved the engine and drove away from the building, dodging the police cars and vans. He turned left and right, speeding through the streets, avoiding traffic and pedestrians. He drove like a pro, with skill and confidence.

You held on to him, feeling scared and thrilled. The wind and rain in your hair and on your skin. Feeling the the warmth of Miles's heartbeat on you. A spark between you, chemistry that was undeniable. You looked at him and saw his face, focused and determined.

He looked at you and saw your face, that was scared and excited.

"Don't worry, (Y/N). We'll be okay."

"I'll explain everything later."He sped up and drove away from the city, towards the countryside.

Author Note: I actually didn't like reading the last part, but I tried.