Manufactured Love

Kaycee paused the insufferable movie she was watching and reached for her buzzing phone. She hated being home alone and not dancing, and most of all nit with Sean. The two of them performed a piece Sean had been choreographing with her for over a year. Near the end of the process they had been spending upwards of 9 hours together at a time.

False Confidence has gotten millions of views and has boosted Sean's success as well as her own. The two are a world renowned dance duo. But recently they had become busy doing their own separate things. For months they had taken different classes and their paths within dance hadn't crossed.

She would be lying if she said that she didn't read the comments on all of their posts.

Why are they never together anymore?
I bet Sean confessed his love and Kaycee ran in fear
Their literally iconic I need a reunion
My fav best friends to lovers fr

Kaycee completely agreed with some of it, I mean it really had been forever since they had last talked. That's why now she eagerly grabbed her phone with no hesitation

" Sean?" She asked even though she already knew it was him based off of caller ID

"Rice! Are you busy?" He asked, she could here his smile through the phone.

" Uh no not at the moment" she said truthfully.

" Are you in the mood to dance?" He asked mysteriously.

" I mean I'm always in the mood to dance but what for?" She asked sceptically. It's one pm on a Saturday. The only classes held on weekends were ones being taught by the best of the best. The kind that people flew in to be able to take.

" I'm teaching a class and I obviously need a partner to do my choreography" he said as if it were obvious.

" Sean I would love too but when am I going to learn the choreo? When is the class?" She asked

" The class starts at three this afternoon. If you get to the studio soon I can teach you before anyone gets here" he pleads

" I don't know..." Kaycee sighed even though she knew she would give in to him by the end.

" Kace come on we've been a duo for years. I know you can pick it up fast" he begged on the other end. " Also this is a class for teens and I know they would love to meet you"

" Would they love to meet me or would they just love their idea of us" Kaycee asked. She already knew that he would have no idea what that sentence meant so she wasn't suprised when he said " what?"

" Never mind. I'm on my way" she laughed getting in her car and driving the half hour drive to the studio in LA.

When she arrived Sean was standing in the entry way having a conversation with Jojo Gomez about past and future works. When he noticed her his face lit up.

" Rice!" He smiled giving her a hug.

" Hey Kaycee" jojo greeted her with a pat on the back. " I'll let you guys get practicing" she said walking off and leaving them the space to begin.

" Okay so this piece is quick and easy. Super simple and short" he began. " It's called Manufactured Love"

" Oh I love that song" Kaycee smiled joining him in the middle of the room.

" I know you do that's why I chose it" he smiled.

Butterflies. Immediately she cursed herself for feeling that way.

" So it starts with a 30 second hug" his expression was twisted. It was as if he was waiting for her to laugh, or object.

" Okay" was all she said.