Fix Things

Everything is so fucked up now. I breath heavily backstage as I wait alongside Bailey who is giving me a look of pity.

" If you talk to him now you guys can maybe fix things before you go on" she tried soothingly

" He said what he said" was all I managed to get out.

" Kaycee hear him out please" Bailey begged.

I ignored Bailey. She was absolutely right, I should be hearing him out, but she doesn't know the extent of the conversation. She doesn't know everything that was said, that was yelled.

I glance behind me to see Alex probably having a similar conversation with Sean. Sean wasn't even making direct eye contact, his eyes shifted everywhere. I watched carefully as Alex pushed Sean lightly and through his hands up defensively. I could see them arguing but I couldn't hear what they were saying. Eventually I see Sean sigh and begin walking towards me.

" Hear him out" Bailey says in a pleading tone. " You guys are world wide stars for your chemistry. You can't go on stage without that spark"

I groan and reluctantly turn when Sean calls my name. He motions for me to follow him down the steps and through the convention centre to a small back room.

" We need to talk" he says leaning against the wall.

" Mhm" was all I could manage. I was so mad at him. And hurt.

" Kayce I..I honestly don't know what to say accept I'm so so so sorry" he tried.

Flashback

" Sean you said we would hang out later and I literally checked your insta and your posting pictures with a random fucking girl?" A tear trickled down Kaycee's cheek at the thought of being left behind and ditched by her favourite person.

" It's not even that big a deal Kayc, I forgot" he sighed pinching the bridge of his nose between his fingers as if her annoyance with him was exhausting and not worth his energy.

" Your never like this." She whined. " Sean we're a duo. We're best friends" this seemed to physically annoy him.

" Exactly Kaycee!" He was yelling now. " Your my best friend. Your not my girlfriend you make that really fucking obvious every day! We dance together and we hang out and that's it!" He snapped instantly regretting his harshness and tone of voice.

Kaycee flinched and began to cry harder.

" I'm so sorry Kayc that sounded mean" he said reaching for her but she immediately took a step back.

" Dont- don't bother. Dance partners and that's it right?" She cried before storming off.

Now:

" Your sorry?" I laugh incredulously. " Are you actually sorry or are you just worried this is going to affect your choreography" i snap

" No you mean more than some stupid routine. Please forgive me" he said taking a step forward making me retreat three steps back.

" I saw you talking to Alex. You did not want to talk to me. Don't lie" I say. His face twists through a series of emotions.

" Kaycee I'm just nervous okay? I don't want to fight" he says leaning against the wall to face me.

" You promised me we would hang out. I don't care if we do every night. That's our thing. And you lied to me. I was second place to you over her" I say feeling tears sting in my eyes again.

" I was an idiot" he begins but I cut him off again.

" But guess what I'm not even second place to you apparently. Because your right. I'm not your girlfriend, I'm nit your best friend and I'm certainly not you dance partner." I say one tear falling. His face turns from dismay to distress.