Dancing Around The Problem

" We need to talk" he whispered in my ear as class was ending. So I met him in an empty studio at the en of class.

" Where to even begin" he sighs pinching the bridge of his nose.

Flashback

" Sean talk to me please!" Kaycee begged following him through the house and into the font yard.

" Kaycee! Just leave me alone" he snapped continuing to walk away from her.

" This is because of Gabe isn't it? Sean grow up" she begged

" Kaycee come on! Would you be comfortable with me being with Bailey all the time instead of you?" He asked finally turning to face her. Now she had to think.

" No I guess not." She sighed. " Friends shouldn't get jealous over shit like that Sean" she said now also feeling stressed. He took a step towards her.

" I know" he whispered. " I don't know what's going on Kayc" he breathed.

It only took a moment and it was is possible to tell who had started it, but before either of them could even think their lips were pressed together and they were kissing.

" We can forget it happened Sean don't worry" I say.

" Is that what you want?" He asks.

" I mean I don't know." I say unsure of myself and unsure of what I wanted.

" Okay then." He said giving me a hug. " Friends again?" He asks.

" best friends" I chime in. I know neither of us feel good about this. But we've been lying to ourselves for the past three years. What's another three more?

Time moves slowly but eventually it's as if the kiss has never happened. It's as if we just erased it and went back to the way things were before. There was the occasional moment where we had to pause and take a step back, or re assess what's was happening but all in all things were fine. Aside from the sleepless nights and repressed feelings.

" Are you nervous?" I ask shaking out my arms. Today was the big day. The day we go onstage and perform False Confidence for the first time ever.

" No no I'm good" he lies not looking over at me. I know when he's this nervous he won't perform his best so I reach out and touch his arm lightly.

" Shamu?" He turns to look at me his expression softening " I'm proud of you" I say.

" Well I couldn't do anything of this without my amazing partner" he smiled taking my hand and squeezed. We stood there connected back stage waiting for our time to shine.

" Alright please welcome your favourites. Sean Lew and Kaycee Rice!" Called Will.

We ran out and took our places as the music began.

Don't take yourself so seriously

He holds me close during this part of the dance and I instantly melt into his touch. It doesn't even feel like acting.

Look at you all dressed up for someone you never see.

"I can feel his breath on my neck as he moves behind me with ease

The dance finishes and a massive round of applause ensues. Sean gives me one of his signature side hugs and hold my head close.

We watch teens, adults, and kids perform the dance he created and I smile. In some of the pairs I see mini versions of us and in others I notice how good me and Sean's chemistry actually is.