Childhood|| 1

(( A/N: NO SMUT OML NO THEY WILL BE KIDS IN THIS ONE- PROB 13 YEARS OLD-))

|| Ambrosius POV ||

______________________________________________

I woke up to the sound of the alarm clock ringing, I shot up out of my comfortable bed with my space-themed blanket wrapped around my body, the fluffy fabric rubbing against my skin. I wore black shorts and a white T-shirt, a golden necklace on my neck and some yellow and white bracelets lay on my wrist. My parents sat in the kitchen talking. I quickly ate the food that my mom provided a few moments ago, before running back to my room, the floor was polished and made of marble tiles, so it was quite slippery with socks on. I slid and fell onto the floor, "Ambrosius! Get your boots on we need to get you to school!" Ma called from the dining room. I quickly ran to my room and jumped on the bed. I grabbed my boots and pulled them on, tying the laces together.

I made it to school, as I walked down the hallway with some other kids; I noticed the director walking through the school with another small student. He was quite shorter than me but I couldn't see his face. I assumed it was another tour that happened once every month for commoners, I stepped into the classroom the bright blue walls glimmering as always, and the chalkboard that hung on the wall perfectly, it was like your normal commercial classroom, I sat down at my desk. Setting my pencil box down neatly on the corner of my desk, my water bottle perfectly set down on the other side of the desk. Inside the desk sat some neat piles of homework and extra erasers. I stretched and yawned, at the ginger who sat next to me; "Todd"  was his name. He normally picked on everyone for the smallest things, one time I had my whole desk set up perfectly neat and clean; I had to leave because my nose started bleeding. When I returned to the class, my homework was everywhere, my erasers were thrown around the room, my water bottle was leaking all over the floor, glue was on my seat and my pencil box was in the trash. I couldn't handle the sudden mess and started sobbing so maybe now you can guess why I don't like him. I didn't have many real friends surprisingly, most of them wanted to befriend me for popularity; just one of the curses of being a descendant of Gloreth.

Soon the director walked into the room "Hello, Director!" Most of the class said in sync. I sat in my chair with my ankles crossed and hands on my lap like a gentleman most would say. The director waved to everyone; A small figure stood behind her hiding.

"I'm sure you have all heard about the new student joining you all today, Ballister." She spoke boldly. Her voice was always strong. I never heard about the "New student" I thought it was a rumor like everything else, she glanced at the child standing behind her. "You may come out little one" She spoke much softer. 

The child stepped out from behind her and walked forward he had long dark brown hair that flowed in Infront of one of his eyes; the other that wasn't covered had a long scar that streamed from above his eyebrow, down to his lower cheek. He was...quite good looking surprisingly. 

My cheeks started to warm up when he spotted me his cheeks tinted a light baby pink; His eyes were wide like puppy dog eyes. There was slight tension between us but not...stressful tension. Was this normal? I never even met the kid but those few seconds that we shared the glance felt like an eternity and I didn't want it to end. The director put her hand gently on his shoulder causing us to jump back into reality and he looked up at her as she started to talk about how Ballister would join our class and how it was going to work. When she left the room, ballister stood alone Infront of the class. Trembling in fear. "Hello..." Ballister spoke nervously. No one replied, I saw tears forming in his eyes. I thought fast and quickly stood, "Y-you can sit next to me! " I say smiling. He slightly smiled as well as he walked through the rows of seats and sat down next to me. "I'm uhm...I'm Ballister" He spoke happily. "I'm Ambrosius Goldenloin," I said reaching for his hand. He hesitated but shook my hand, "You're the Ambrosius Goldenloin that everyone's been talking about?" He said with a surprised look. "The one and only" I replied, I hoped he wasn't like everyone else. Just being my friend for popularity and attention. He was excited, "Oh Gloreth, that's so cool!" He said with a wide smile.

After a while of talking and joking, we quickly became friends. That's when enrichment hit, and the bell rang. I got up and held his hand. "C'mon Bal!" I say as I led him outside. He paused "What did you just call me?" He asked confusedly. "Uhm... sorry I called you Bal... Is that, ok?" I asked nervously. "Yeah! I like it; it just surprised me." He said smiling happily. We got outside and walked up a hill, it was quite calm no noise or people yelling. We sat under a tree together, the grass brushing against my skin softly; our boots were different colors. His were black, Mine were gold/yellow both were made of leather.  "So... how did you get into the school? I mean you're not really from a..."  "Noble bloodline?" He said interrupting me. "Yes, that," I say sighing and pushing the hair out of my face. He stretched and yawned "Well, I kind of snuck past security and started to try to train in the training hall. When the director caught me though, she told the queen. I thought I was going to die basically; but the queen saw something in me, I don't know what but... I believe that if the queen saw something good in me... I want to prove her right, that she didn't make the wrong choice" he said explaining the whole situation.

I smiled slightly "That's... cool!" I say happily. I liked hearing him talk, every word he spoke filled the air with a nice aura of happiness like I was on drugs. Of course, I wasn't because I was thirteen, but it truly felt like it. He leaned his head on my shoulder, showing me, he was comfortable with me. My cheeks turned Rosey red, and I slightly smiled. "I... I like this... " I muttered wrapping an arm around him. Was this how true friends were supposed to feel about each other? I don't know but... these feelings felt good. "Me too..." He muttered in reply. I took a notebook out of my bag and started writing notes down for class. "What are you doing Ambrosius?" He asked curiously. I glanced at him happily "Writing notes down for the test next week" I exclaimed.  "Dude I just joined this class an hour ago and we already have a test next week?!" He said confused. "Well yeah, we've been in this school longer than you so... I guess I'll just have to teach you how to solve everything on the test," I say smiling.  "Whose 'we'?" He said smiling Aswell. "Our class Duh" I giggle in reply. 

"Oh! Sorry, I'm kind of dumb sometimes" He laughed. "I don't think you're dumb," I said, "You barely know me; how would you know?" He said smiling while looking at me. I leaned my head onto him, "I can just tell" I replied simply. I continue to write my notes calmly as I rubbed his waist with the arm, I had wrapped around him.  He put an arm around me and did the same, something about this felt intoxicating like I needed it. 

Suddenly I heard a cocky voice nearby "Well, looks like Goldenloin made a friend" I turned my head and looked at the figure who spoke, it was Todd. "What do you want Todd?"  I spoke bitterly. He chuckled "I just wanted to check on you to see if you wanted to play rugby or something but, it looks like you made a 'friend' " He spoke. My eyes narrowed, "Yeah? so?" I say as Bal kind of hid in my arm. I could tell he didn't want to talk to anyone he didn't know. "Awe look! He's hiding" Todd spoke tauntingly. "Leave him alone," I spoke. putting my notebook back into my bag I stood up leaving ballister sitting on the grass confused. "Why don't you make me golden boy," he said, he was trying to rile me up. "We both know, I don't want to fight you," I say calmly. "C'mon Bal" "You call him Bal? That's so cute and stupid! I love it" Todd said as Bal stood up with his bag. "He's so skinny! How could he ever be a knight" Todd remarked. I looked at Bal who seemed to have had enough of Todd's crap, "You know what? I don't care what you think!  I might not be the most well-built or the toughest knight here, but I'm not afraid to put a dent in your ugly mug." Ballister spoke getting all up in Todd's face, He shoved Todd to the floor. 

"Bal get over here! Don't start anything, It's not worth it!" I said nervously. Bal walked over to me; I held his hand as we walked back into the school. We sat in the classroom, and the director sat at her desk "What's wrong boys?" she spoke confused. "Todd, again. " I spoke. She sighed, "What did he do this time Ambrosius?" She said taking off her reading glasses. "He kept making fun of me because I'm friends with Bal! And he kept taunting me and trying to get me to hit him but then, Bal got mad and pushed him away" I explained. She wasn't mad at Bal or me, "Alright boys, well sometimes you can't resort to violence. You know that" She spoke significantly well. "Yes, director" We both spoke in reply sadly. "Would you boy's like to play ERS while we wait for enrichment to end?" She offered. We nodded at sat down next to her, we started to play the card game "ERS" which was a quite popular game to play at the school. 

Once the bell rang the director put the cards away. "Ambrosius?" She spoke. "Yes, director?" I replied.  "Would you like to be Ballister's  buddy until he gets the hang of the classes?" She offered. "Yes!" I quickly replied. "Alright, I'll call the queen to arrange things," she said. "Now go along before you are late to class!" She laughed as we quickly ran out of the classroom and to the next class, which was Wood carving. I hated that class, but Ballister looked intrigued by this though.  

We stepped into the class and sat down together at a worktable, the teacher handed us two chunks of wood and tools, and Bal instantly started carving his piece of wood something. I wasn't too persistent though.  Soon I started to carve the wood into a heart, I think that was the only thing I knew how to make without messing up. Bal made a small mushroom figure and I was shocked at how fast I made the edge smooth and nice, "Have you done this before?" I joked. He shook his head "Nope!"  he replied, soon starting to paint it red, white, and beige. I started to smooth the edges of the heart. 

I finished making everything smooth and started to paint the heart with all types of neon colors with random patterns. The bell rang and we both had paint all over our hands. We rushed to the bathroom giggling, Bal ran the water on the sink and when he put his hands under the water, it turned a salmon pink color. When I turned the water on, it turned light brown. Once we dried our hands, we ran to our last class. Which was math, Bal told me how he preferred Science over math. We sat together and soon when the lesson started, He was confused as hell. I had to help him many times before he finally got the hang of it. 

When the day ended, I felt quite sad. I knew I'd see ballister again but... I didn't want to leave now! He was so nice and... It was boring without him. As I was about to get on my bus, Ballister followed me "Are we on the same bus?" I asked smiling a bit. He nodded as we sat down on the bus together, I then pulled out my notebook and continued writing things down for the test, he leaned his head on my shoulder like earlier, I wrapped my arms around him and dropped my notebook, I didn't care. Feeling Ballister's chest rise and fall against my body felt calming. I leaned my head against his and we soon fell asleep on the ride to my house.

((THE END. ))

((A/N: SHOULD I MAKE A PART 2 WHERE THEY ACTUALLY GET TOGETHER-))