Childhood || 2

((A/N: PART 2 TO CHILDHOOD 1 CAUSE IT WAS HIGHLY DEMANDED-))

Ballister's POV

_________________________________________

I woke up, I felt something warm pressed up against my body. Upon further examination, I noticed that Ambrosius was cuddling me as we sat on the bus seat; no one else questioned us and no one cared. The rising and falling of his soft and slow breathing indicated to me that this wasn't a dream, this was pure reality at its finest. I really couldn't believe what I was feeling was real. After all, this is the Ambrosius Goldenloin that we're talking about. Though, everything felt too perfect to be real. I was awake, laying in his arms. His soft tan skin brushed against mine giving me a sense of serotonin. His hair was pushed to the side and neatly set; I touched his hair. It was soft and blonde which... I liked it.

I am leaning my head in the crook of his neck calming, my face slightly pressed into his neck. He soon woke up and started playing with my hair. Out of shock, I pulled away with a confused look plastered on my face. "W-... what are you doing?" I said nervously. His face turned bright red with blush, what I noticed about him was he blushed quite easily. "I- I was uhm... something was in your hair! duh!" he said quickly. My eyes widened "R-really?!" I exclaimed terrified that there was a bug in my hair. "Yeah, but I got it out! Don't worry Bal" he said putting his hand on my cheek. My cheeks felt hot, friends do things like this all the time right!?  I thought nervously. "O-oh...thank you" I manage to stutter out. He nods as I lean against him once more.

Soon enough we made it to his house and got off the bus, we walked to the front steps of the house. "Oh! and hey I have a swimming pool so if you want to go swimming, we one hundred percent can" He spoke. My heart skipped a beat, "I uhm... Can't swim that well..." I muttered; I was quite embarrassed. "Well, that's ok! We can stay in the shallow end if that makes you comfortable! I want you to enjoy it too, not just me" He smiled widely. I smiled as well as we stepped inside his house. "Yeah... yeah we can do that!" I smiled laughing a bit. He held my hand as he walked to the living room, "Ma! I'm home! and I brought my friend Bal!"  He spoke loudly, his mom rushed out of her bedroom. The floor was made of marble polished tiles, the walls were bright yellow. She spotted me "Where did you find him? From the streets?" She said looking at the scar on my eye. I looked down at the floor.

I didn't like when people stared at my scar for too long, it made me feel like an animal in a cage. Like I was just something to observe, she also looked at my bruises, slightly dirty clothes, and muddy boots. I felt like a freakshow, I wish I looked better for my first impression of Ambrosius's mother.

"Uh, no?" He replied confused. "Then where did you get him? He looks like he needs a bath and a nice cup of rose tea!" She said condescendingly. "Ambrosius go fetch him a pair of clothes and be quick about it!". Ambrosius nodded, quickly running to his room. His mom looked at me, she crouched down and pushed my chin up gently. "Sweetheart are you ok?" she said pushing the hair that flowed in front of my other eye out of my face and brushing her fingers along my cheek softly in a comforting way. "I... yes, ma'am " I replied looking into her calm eyes. "My name is Victoria. Would you like me to run a bath for you? Then you can get changed and take a swim in the pool if you'd like" She offered politely. "Yes please" I smiled slightly. With that, she walks to the bathroom and runs the water. I sigh and place my bag down at the kitchen table, this whole house seemed too perfect. Ambrosius ran over to me and handed me some clothes, they looked a little big for me because they were probably his but that was alright. "I'm sorry about her." He spoke. "Huh? What do you mean?" I replied, fidgeting with my fingers. "My mom, she's quite rude!" He said crossing his arms. I laughed a little "It's fine. I get that reaction a lot, people calling me dirty and gross. I'm used to it" I said chuckling holding one of my arms to my side. It wasn't fine but I just dealt with it. He put a soft hand on my cheek, playing with my hair a bit. "You shouldn't have to be 'used to it', that's not fair!" He spoke angrily. 

I giggled putting my hand on his, "Ambrosius I promise it's ok." I smiled looking into his gentle eyes, and for a moment we drifted closer; I looked at his lips debating if I should go further, and he looked at mine. His mom walked out of the bathroom and informed me that I could go take a bath, and we broke apart. I felt butterflies in my stomach, Ambrosius looked at me with a blush on his face. He looked nervous. I smiled.

Stepping into the bathroom, the walls were a stormy blue and the floor was stone. I looked around. I took off my boots and socks, putting them aside I also put the clothes down on a shelf.  I put a towel near the bath, I soon hopped into the bath. The warm water quickly surrounded my body.

When stepping out of the bath, I quickly dried off and slid on the clothes. They smelled like Ambrosius. I liked that fact, he smelled nice. I wore a pastel yellow hoodie with black jean shorts, I put on the new pair of socks that he gave me. the socks were clean and comfy, and the hoodie was soft on the inside. I yawned as I grabbed my dirty clothes and walked out of the bathroom.

Ambrosius was waiting for me at the kitchen table. "Hey, Bal!" He said smiling happily. I put my clothes in a laundry basket before sitting down next to him. "Hey" I replied, He must've forgotten about earlier. Whenever I approached him, my stomach fluttered like butterflies. "Oh, hey we can go swimming in like half an hour, my mom is cleaning the pool for us," he said holding my hand. I paused; my cheeks felt hot. "Oh! ok, I'm kind of nervous..." I said, considering I didn't know how to swim that well I was terrified.  He squeezed my hand a bit "It's ok! if you go too deep, I'll save you. I promise" He replied. 

I nodded as he stood up. "C'mon let's go to my room!" He smiled dragging me to his room. We sat on his bed, "What do you want to do?" I said nervously, we were alone in his room, the door was shut, and he had a canopy over his bed like the ones you'd see in the princess movies. He moved closer to me, "I... I don't know, what do you want to do?" He said slightly smirking, his face was pink. My cheeks felt hot, and I felt my heart pounding against my chest. He held my hand. I looked into his eyes; he seemed nervous as well, but he was good at hiding it. I put my hand on his cheek, and I looked at his lips once again like earlier. Instead, I lay my head on his chest. This felt... Nice. We were just two friends, having fun. 

(( THE END))

((A/N: omg I don't know if I want to leave this on a cliffhanger again or make another part or just make this a book at this point!! give me your thoughts!!!))