Childhood || 8

Ballister's POV

<———-x———>

I woke up to the golden rays of the sun beaming into my room, I woke up and my vision was warmly blurry and it smelt like soft lavender. I smiled happily reminding me of Ambrosius. I yawned and stretched and soon looked at the calendar on the wall, I skimmed through the days and looked at today. Swing choir auditions! I was waiting for this day only because I know Ambrosius really likes singing in choir. He had been practicing his audition song since the institute announced the swing choir was talking new members, and I understood why; that boy can really sing trust and believe me. This was a once in a lifetime experience for him I was super excited to watch him audition.

I looked at my phone and went to me and Ambrosius's DM's and quickly texted him.

Ballistar12: Ambrosius!!! Todays the day!
Loins_of_gold: I know! I'm so excited I could literally cry. I have my outfit and cologne planned, your coming right?
Ballistar12: uh yeah?! Dawg is that a question?
Loins_of_gold: thank you!!! I'll see you on the bus ok?

Ballistar12 sent a thumbs up to "thank you!!! I'll see you on the bus ok?"

I giggled getting up and walking over to my dresser and pulling out my uniform and quickly changing into it. I walked over to my desk and pulled out a bottle of perfume which reminded me of how Ambrosius was gonna be wearing the cologne he only wears on special occasion's. Thinking about it made me feel so sick but in a good way! It was always so pleasant and calming. I giggled thinking about it. I looked at my phone after hearing it go off thinking it was Ambrosius, when seeing it was Diego I kind of got disappointed because I really wanted it to be Ambrosius, that was normal right? For people to hope their best friend was texting them instead of their potential boyfriend? I think so.

LovelySquire: Ballister?
Ballistar12: Yes? 🫶
LovelySquire: We're still on for that date after school, right? ☺️❤️
Ballistar12: Of course! I'm so excited

I smiled happily before putting my phone down. I grabbed my book bag and stuffed my phone into my bag including my change of clothes for my date. I puffed my perfume on and inhaled the smell, it smelt like strawberry shortcake. I love strawberries so much, they're not as sweet as the artificial ones that you taste in candy but that's whatever their still delicious.

I let the smile fade off my face as I walk out of my room, I walked to the kitchen and made myself a bowl of cereal. Plain and simple, normally I never ate because it made me feel sick and gross. It made me feel fat and I wanted to throw up. But it's besides that because today was a special day. I picked my phone out of my phone and texted Ambrosius.

Ballistar12: Ambs?
Loins_of_gold: Yes bal? 👁️👁️
Ballistar12: when is the audition?
Loins_of_gold: 4:30 why? I thought you knew!

That's when my heart froze and all the thoughts and my brain came to a stop, 4:30 was the time of me and Diego's date. How was I going to make it to both?! I'm so fucking screwed!

Ballistar12: just checking to make sure I had the time right! 👍
Loins_of_gold: oh, alright! I can't wait to see you!

I sighed and just ate my food quickly before walking back to my room. I put my boots on before swinging my bag over my shoulder, I walked out of my house and walked down to my bus stop and soon saw Ambrosius on the other side of the road waiting for our bus as well, except he was on his phone. He didn't even know I was there. I looked out for any moving vehicles and quickly cross the road, I tapped on Ambrosius's shoulder and smiled when he turned around. "Hey, Ambs" I said happily. Ambrosius blushed a bit, he seemed to have liked that nickname a lot, I did too. "Oh! Hey, Bal. How did you get here so fast? Normally you get here later" Ambrosius said smiling. I shrugged it off and stretched "it's easy when I'm looking forward to seeing the most handsome face in the institute" I joked. Was I joking though? Probably not, he did look pretty good although. He looked better than I'd like to admit.