Childhood || 6

((A/N: This will be a longer chapter than the last one I promise!!))

Ballister's POV

====================================

After Ambrosius hung up I kind of felt bad. Why was he being so weird about me and Diego? Does he have a crush on me? No that's impossible, he would've told me already considering he's very passionate about his opinions. But then again maybe he's afraid? I mean... he's not that bad-looking, and we really stick together like glue... and his hair is so soft when he lets me play with it. Fuck. Now I like two guys at the same time?! Maybe I'm just overthinking it but... I do know Ambrosius better than the squire, and I don't even know why I like him in the first place!  Maybe it's because he's a little cute? but... what if I don't really like him like that? We might just be better off as friends! My thoughts were interrupted by my dad busting into my room.

My room was messy and incredibly unorganized, it smelled like moldy soda. My father face scrunched, and he glared at me, "It smells like piss in here! Clean your bloody room, we have guests coming over!" He yelled looking around my room. "Who?" I asked curiously. "It doesn't matter just clean your room!" He replied before slamming my door. I sighed looking over at my laptop which played the playlist Ambrosius had made for me because of Halloween. I turned it up to the point to where it was blasting. I got up and started cleaning, if I didn't my dad would actually kill me. Picking up trash and throwing it away was kind of gross because it smelled so bad. I couldn't bare it anymore and quickly grabbed my Febreze, I sprayed the room until I could barely breathe. Now my room smelled like lavender. I smiled as now it was pleasant, it reminded me of Ambrosius, and it made my stomach flutter like butterflies. 

I continued to pick up trash and throw it into the garbage can in the corner of my room, I found the source of the smell. It was a rotting moldy soda potion looking thing me and Ambrosius made as a joke a month ago, I forgot to throw it away which was entirely my fault. I meant to do it like two weeks ago. I'm glad no flies had been attracted to the can. I looked at my calendar that hung on the wall, Halloween was coming up and I still didn't have a costume. Ambrosius said he wasn't going to dress up if I didn't, so I mean I guess it was ok. I yawned as I finished picking up the trash. Now I just needed to pick up my extra uniforms and do my laundry. 

My mom texted me and I smiled, she was telling me she would be home earlier than normal because we have guests coming over. I still wondered who it was, and it was making me really think like, why can't I know? and why is dad being so nice about it   I just pushed those thoughts aside and continued to pick up the clothes. I picked up the laundry basket and walked to the laundry room, I started to throw the clothes into the washer and douse it in the detergent before starting the washer. I walked back to my room and put my armor on the armor stand so it wouldn't get accidentally damaged. 

I finished cleaning my room surprisingly fast, I started to work on some science class assignments. Oh, how I love science. I look up at the hanging planets I had made out of cardboard when I was little, they were hanging down from the ceiling and they looked pretty good. The earth was huge compared to the sun, but that's the average seven-year-old art class mistake. I continued working on the assignments until my fingers hurt and I was exhausted, I soon fell asleep while working and my head slammed against the keyboard.

================================

When I woke up, I don't know how much time had passed by then, but the sun was setting outside. My laptop had automatically fell asleep from me being inactive and for some reason I was tucked in, and a nice hot glass of tea sat on my nightstand. I got up and heard talking in the living room. Shit! Was the company already here? I peeked out of my room, and what I saw kind of had me in shock. I rubbed my eyes, Ambrosius and his family sat in the living room talking to my mother and Father. They were laughing and drinking tea. Ambrosius looked over and saw me peeking at them. I pulled my head back into my room and my heart skipped a beat. Fuck. he saw me! what do I do?! I thought miserably.  I sat back on my bed and turned on my laptop so then it would look like I was just on my laptop if Ambrosius came to investigate. 

Sure, enough he opened my door, "Hey, Bal? How'd you sleep?" He asked suspiciously. I glanced at him and smiled "I slept fine, why do you ask?" I spoke softly. "Well, when I first walked in you were passed out and, you looked cold. So, I tucked you in!" he smiled. I looked at the blankets, so he tucked me in and gave me tea because I looked cold? Thats so sweet! "Thats very sweet, thank you Ambrosius."  I said yawning. I was still a bit sleepy, I stretched. He nodded sitting next to me. "So, I have a question" He spoke. I tilted my head to the side like a dog, "What is it?" I replied. He looked nervous and he hesitated before saying "What do you see in... Diego?" He said.

I paused; I don't really know... I mean I don't even know his full name, nor do I know his eye color and hair color by heart like I do with Ambrosius. I hesitate to answer and clearly don't really want to. "I don't really know, Ambrosius. I think I said it as first as a joke and then it kind of became a reality that I apparently like him. I don't really think I do, But I'm really excited for our date! I mean it's the first chance in forever to have an actual healthy relationship!" I explained happily. "And every time I talk about him you kind of freeze up, why? " I asked. He blushed a bit and pushed the hair out of his face "I don't know honestly, I guess it's just a reaction because I know if you go and date him, we won't get to hang out as much!" He was lying but I didn't want to pry into his business.

"Makes sense, after me and Diego's date tomorrow I'll update you about how it goes," I say to change the subject slightly. "Ok, would you want to go talk with our family" Ambrosius offers. I shake my head "No, not really" I giggle a bit. He laughs and smiles, "alright then," He says before leaving the room after waving goodbye.

((A/N: I lied))