Distance

"Before this wedding my phi never existed for you. I noticed few times how you ignored her while she was asking or saying something to you."

Mon was trying to study in her room but these words keep echoing in her mind.

"Oi, why Nop why? You said this but I don't even remember khun Sam ever trying to talk to me." Mon shouted in frustration and laid down on the couch. "Maybe khun Sam does really talked to me but I unintentionally avoided her. This is all because of Nop. Why would you even liked him Mon."

She laid there for some time and when she started to get up she felt a sting in her shoulder.

"ouch, laying on this couch was a bad idea." She said massaging her shoulder and then a strong feeling of guilt struck her.

She realized that khun Sam was sleeping on this very uncomfortable couch for many days and surely she would be having sleepless nights and sore body.

"Mon, khun Sam is bieng nice to you since day one but you never considered her comfort, that's why she is changing towards you. Only she is fulfilling all duties of a partner, you did nothing for her. Oi, I am a very bad wife." Mon complained to herself. "But I promise from right now I will make sure everything happens as her comfort."

---

"Thank you khun Sam for joining me for dinner." Nita said with over sweet smile.

"When you asked me for dinner I didn't knew it was going to happen at your home." Sam said, a little uncomfortable with bieng in someone's house.

"Well I invited you on dinner at my house for two reasons. First one is that we both had business dinners at the restaurant all the time and second is that I am a very good cook."

Sam sighed. She was sure that this dinner is going to be very uncomfortable, for her at least but she doesn't have any other option.

Nita served the dinner on dining table and then brought a whiskey bottle.

"Umm....." Sam looked at her with frown.

"To celebrate our deal khun Sam."

"Sorry to disappoint you khun Nita but I don't drink."

"Come on khun Sam, just one glass."

Sam was getting angry now but she calm herself down. The truth is that she never consumed alcohol in her life. She hate it because it was the reason she lost her parents.

"I said no khun Nita. It doesn't matter if it is one glass or half glass, I don't drink." She said sternly.

"Okay khun Sam." Nita said in dry tone and then served food to Sam who started consuming it fastly like she was participating in a competition.

Between dinner Nita tried to have a conversation with Sam but she got one only word replies from her.

___________

Mon wanted to be a good wife to Sam that's why she was in kitchen preparing dinner for her.

"You are a good cook n'Mon and I believe you will make delicious food."

"Ummm......but p'Song, khun Sam like the food you make so you have to give me instructions so I can make dinner the way you do."

Song can understand Mon's lack of confidence in herself after the breakfast incident. So she decided to help Mon in preparing dinner for Sam.

After spending almost 2 hours in kitchen Mon prepared a lot of dishes for Sam.

It was already 10 PM but Sam was not arrived at home yet.

"P'Song, are we not going to have dinner tonight, I am starving." Nop said after waiting for 10 minutes to get served.

"We are waiting for Khun Sam, Nop, I hope you can control your hunger until then." Mon said while calling to her wife but it went to voice mail.

She was going to call her again when she entered the house. Mon had a big smile at her face when she saw Sam.

"Khun Sam, you came at the right moment, Dinner is ready." Mon said with enthusiasm.

"Mon, I already had dinner so I will not be joining you."

Mon's smile vanished hearing that. Song looked at Mon with sympathy as she knew how much effort Mon puts into this dinner.

"With whom did you had dinner because I just saw p'Jim's facebook update, you were not with them." Nop asked Sam.

"I had dinner with khun Nita. If you are done with your questions can I go to sleep because I am tired." Sam said in frustration and left from there.

Mon was looking at khun Sam's back with sadness and Song were looking at Mon. Meanwhile Nop had a smirk on his face like he found some treasure.

"Wow, phi had dinner with khun Nita, she is also a lesbian. Did you know this Mon. Last year she published her coming out story in her own magazine. I didn't knew phi is close to her."

Nop said and looked at Mon who was still looking upstairs but her change of body language was telling that she heard what Nop just said and that bring a satisfactory smile to his face.
Then with same smile he started serving himself dinner.

"N'Mon, come and have dinner."

Mon heard Song calling her but she lost her appetite. She was not upset that khun Sam already has dinner but the way she talked to them were different. Mon was feeling something changing in khun Sam. It makes Mon frustrating because she had no idea why this is happening.

"N'Mon?"

Mon didn't said anything and left from there ignoring Song calling her name after her.

______