Red strings

It was a normal meeting. I just sat there smiling to myself. The strings were everywhere. They were all on one nation and leading to another. It makes me happy to see soulmates interact without even knowing they're soul mates. Take Spain and Italy's brother for instance. They don't know it but their strings lead right to each other. It truly is adorable to see them interact.

Of course with this great power comes some faults. I can't see my own string or the string that leads to me. Making it easy yet hard to see who my soulmate is. I learned to accept it.

All the fighting that was going on made this meeting so much more interesting. Due to the sexual tension. Seeing everyone's strings also means I can sense the tension. This room was filled with it. I couldn't help but smile. Soon.

"Japan, dude, are you okay?" America said as he poked me with a pencil. I was so lost in thought I didn't even notice he was talking to me. Probably just to prove his point about something.

"I'm fine now stop that." I replied while pushing his pencil away. Americas soulmate is England but England is kind of special. He has 3 soulmates. I honestly don't know much about who the third one is or what's going to happen with him. I tend not to think about it too hard.

Meetings annoyed me but they also intrigued me. Considering the fact that I get to see my favorite ships interact but also because I generally want to know what is happening in other countries. I have to know. Often times my ships distract me from paying attention. They are just so damn kawaii!

After an hour of nothing getting done, the meeting ended. Thank goodness, now I can go home and write some fanfi- I mean reports. I stood up and collected all my things. As I walking out I was stopped by America.

"Are you sure you're okay dude? You seem quieter than usual." He asked me. I kept a blank expression.

'"I'm fine, now I must be getting to my work." I replied and walked away. I just wanted to get home, write some..um..stuff and not socialize for a while. Once I got to my hotel room, I locked the door and changed out of my uniform. I hate to wear it but it's a mandatory thing.

Once changed I flopped onto my bed and started to rethink everything. The weirdest things about the red strings is that history explains most of it. Causing a lot of nations to have more than one soulmate. Like Italy's, I had to go deep into history for that one, considering that both Prussia and Germany are connected to his past some how.

All this thinking is making me tired. Maybe reading some manga will help. I might as well give my brain a break from a long day.

TIME SKIP

The manga thing back fired because I ended up going on my computer and writing fanfiction. It's was great until someone knocked in the door. I shut the laptop and walked to the door. Slowly opening it, only to see America there with a big grin on his face. It took me two seconds to shut the door. Like I said no socializing. Especially with that idiot.

He continued to knock on the door. I tried covering my ears with a pillow but to no avail. It happened for 10 whole minutes. Until I finally got so annoyed I opened the door angrily.

"What do you want?" I asked him with slight anger in my voice.

"Want to watch a movie?" It's probably one of his really bad horror movies that he get so scared of.

"No." I swiftly replied and closed the door. I breathed in and out to calm myself. Now back to my fanfiction. I cracked my hands and continued writing.
About 2 hours later, someone knocked on the door again. By that time I was having dinner. I got up and opened the door. I was expecting America but instead it was Greece.

"Herro Greece." I said.

"Hello Japan, have you seen one of my cats?" He said drowsily.

"Nai I haven't." I replied.

"Okay," he yawned, "Well bye then." Then He walked away. Weird. I closed my door going back to my dinner. I swear if someone else knocks on my door a- knock knock

Assholes. I'm not even going to answer it. The knocking continued for a good 2 minutes until it finally stopped. I finished my dinner by then. Now its time for a bath. How I need one right now.

Once the tub was filled, I stepped in and laid down. Ah, this feels good. I closed my eyes in comfort.

Today was relatively annoying. Otherwise all my ships are so close to getting together. I love being able to see those strings it actually really fun. Now that I think about it, I didn't see Greece's red string. Does he not have a soul mate? I tensed. How can he not have one?

So much for a relaxing bath.

Once I got back into some clothes someone knocked on my door. Why do people keep doing that? I opened the door only to see America.

"Dude, come on let's watch a movie." He whined. I might as well. It's not like I have anything better to do.

"Fine." I sighed. Letting him come in. He seemed way too excited. He jumped on my couch and squealed in excitement. I walked over to the couch and sat down. He scrambled off the couch, put the movie in the player and scrambled back to the couch.

Why does he even watch these movies? So the movie started and he was already shaking.

It was a typical zombie movie. Bad effects, bad acting and no atmosphere. I make movies better than this. I even make manga better than this. Where does he find these? Why does he want to watch them with me anyway? Who am I talking to?
I snapped out of my thoughts and found America behind the couch vibrating with fear and hugging his pillow. I sighed.

TIME SKIP

The movie finally ended and America almost jumped to the roof when I told him he could go.

"Th-tha-that wa-was sca-ry..." he manage to stutter out. I sighed once more.

"Goodnight." I said bluntly and I closed the door. Finally I can rest.