Chapter 1 - The Anomaly

Chapter includes:
-Minor violence
------------------------------------------------------------

BFDIA 1

Golfball held the rope tightly in her jaw, yanking and pulling until the rival team was thrown into the pit. The contest was tug of war, and with her team's advantage, they won in a matter of seconds.

"Good job, team!" The globule's black oval eyes gleamed with pride as she shouted toward the dispersing group of objects. In response were a few smiles, but nothing more. Everyone was more focused on hanging out with eachother in small groups than acknowledging her.

Her prideful expression shifted into an irritated one. "Hmph." Golfball ultimately decided that talking to Tennis Ball was more interesting anyway. He'd acknowledge her.

He was already walking off when his smaller friend joined him at his side, and the two of them exchanged kind smiles. "Hey, Golfball." The fuzzy globule greeted, and she returned it. "Hello, Tennis Ball!"

The duo treaded on the soft grass, feeling a surge of excitement now that they knew they had another chance at winning the grand prize. With Leafy stealing Dream Island and going on the run, everyone felt a general sense of rage toward her, and hopelessness after she was chased out for good.

Golfball had her suspicions about the second season, the prize, and all of the new contestants, but they didn't bother her too badly. She was more focused on winning.

Dream Island would be perfect for her. She'd have plenty more space to herself away from those dimwit contestants, and she'd let Tennis Ball in and Tennis Ball only. 

She'd also relocate all of her projects, and her underground factory, and--

Her thoughts were broken by the realization.

She stopped in her tracks. "Tennis Ball." The globules made eye contact, the smaller of the pair wearing a mildly worried expression. "How long have we left The Anomaly unsupervised?"

Golfball remembered The Anomaly very clearly. A crimson leaf with large eyes, sharp teeth, and an overall creepy demeanor that could make one shudder.

She was - and Golfball didn't use this word lightly - a monster.

"Um... Since episode eighteen?" Tennis Ball blinked, not having stepped into the factory ever since he was eliminated a season ago. "We should go look, shouldn't we? Now that we can go to the factory again?"

Golfball nodded her 'head'. "Yes. We should. We cannot leave her unattended any longer."

The two exchanged glances, and started to head for the factory.

--

Seeing The Anomaly again was scarier than she'd expected it to be. GB's fear didn't even make much sense to her, considering the reinforced glass that seperated them.

It wasn't the type of fear she was used to. She knew the botanical object in the cell below couldn't hurt her. She knew she was the one with the power. So why was she so afraid?