Shopping for the Wedding

~Josh's POV~

Today, Colleen was going to go out wedding dress shopping with her mother, Rachel, and Teeny! I couldn't wait to see which one she would settle on.

As I was on my computer in my office editing, I kept on thinking about the wedding. I'm pretty sure Colleen was thinking about it all day too. But it got to the point where I couldn't even concentrate on editing my vlog, so I just stopped and went to the bed and laid down. I stared at the ceiling, daydreaming about the wedding, which was happening in the summer.

~Colleen's POV~

I was vlogging on the way to the wedding dress shop with Rachel, Teeny, and my mom. We were all chattering about the wedding and what they imagined the perfect dress for me would look like. Once we arrived, we all rushed in through the doors of the shop. One of the workers walked up to us.

"Hello ladies! My name is Madison, and I thought you guys may need a bit of help finding a wedding dress?" We all nodded.

"So who's the bride?" She asked. I stepped forward from our little group.

"Me!" I smiled happily.

"Oh, okay. So what kind of dress were you thinking of?"

"To be honest, I'm not totally sure yet. But could you please show me a couple of different styles?"

"Of course! Take a seat there, and I'll be right back." We sat down in a couple of chairs, and waited patiently (well, at least everyone else was patient. I certainly wasn't!) for Madison to come back out with some dresses. After about five minutes, she poked her head out from one of the doors in the back. She motioned me to follow her and she led me into a dressing room and handed me a dress.

"I still have a couple more, but try this one on first." I nodded, and she left for a bit so that I could change.

This first dress had a skirt that wasn't really what I had been wanting. It reached to the ground, and although that was beautiful, it just wasn't what I was looking for. The skirt also wasn't poofy at all. There were no straps on that dress, and there were too many sparkles thrown everywhere. Nope, this isn't the one.

Soon after, Madison came back in. "How do you like it?"

"I don't like the skirt and the dress is too sparkly for me." I said, with a slight frown.

"Ah, that's okay. Here's the next one." She handed me another dress. I changed out of the first one, then put this one on.

This second dress really wasn't what I had been imagining either. First of all, it was not even sparkly at all. The skirt was close to the ground, but it needed to be at least an inch longer to be fully touching the ground. This isn't the dress either.

After an hour of trying on different dresses, I still hadn't found the perfect one. Oh well, we could always try a different shop. We all said goodbye to Madison, and then we decided to look for decorations instead of a wedding gown for me.

~Josh's POV~
I texted Colleen to see if she has found a wedding gown yet.

Josh: Hey sweetheart. Any updates on your wedding dress? 👰

Colleen: Nope, I couldn't find one that I truly liked. 😢

Josh: Oh, I see. Where are you now?

Colleen: I'm at a party store to look at decorations for the wedding.

Josh: Okay, I'll let you go shopping now. Love you. 😍

Colleen: Love you too. 😘

I put my phone back into my pocket, the vlogged for a bit just because I had luging better to do. I checked the date on the calendar on the wall, and counted down how many more months until the wedding. Fourteen more months. I sighed; it seemed like so long because we were planning to have it next summer. But at least we'll have enough time to plan and the wedding won't be in the way of any of Colleen's shows.

When the sun was just about to set, Colleen walked into the house. I got up from where I was sitting on the couch to greet her with a kiss.

"Hey babe. Did you get any decorations?"

"Sadly, we didn't get decorations either..." She looked down at the ground and frowned. I lifted up her chin.

"Hey, that's okay. We still have way more than enough time to get stuff for the wedding." She nodded, then went to our bedroom to change. I got up and waited sneakily around the corner. As Colleen walked back out from changing with her phone in her hand, I jumped out and lifted her up in the air by her waist.

"Joshua!" She immediately started smiling at me, and I spun her around. I finally stopped when we both got dizzy. I placed her back on the ground, and she wrapped her arms around my neck and started to kiss me. I kissed back hard, but passionately.

Basically, we ended our night by making love to each other. I love Colleen so much.