Chapter 14

The next day, you wake up to several missed calls from your mother. You went to bed pretty late last night and it was 9 am, so you were wondering could've been wrong for her to call you so late.

You press on her contact, listening to the phone ring waiting for her to pick up.

"Areum?? Why didn't you call me yesterday?" You hear voice, she sounds a little agitated.

"I'm sorry ma, i was asleep by the time you called me." You say with a sorry voice.

"You know, i won't make a big deal if it this time. But i have some news for you." She states, her voice getting a little lower as she says that.

"What news?" You sit up, leaning against the headboard of the bed.

"Your father." She starts, pausing for a moment, but continues before you can say anything.

"He came by late last night, and he asked about you. He asked if you went off to university yet and that he'd like to visit you, and i told him he could." She finishes, taking a deep breath.

"You told him what?!" You ask her, now starting to feel angry.

"I figured you'd want to see him, he's your father, you cried for months when he left." She tells you, in a calmer voice.

"Yeah and i got over that! I want nothing to do with him now!! He left and refused to even call or text for years!!" You start raising your voice, you feel tears forming in your eyes.

"I know, im sorry, i should have asked you before i said anything. But he's driving up there to see you now."

"I can't believe this!!" You throw your phone on your bed, and start walking in circles around your room. You're so angry at this point and you feel the tears start to drip down your cheeks.

"You know what, i don't want to talk to you about this anymore, so i love you bye." You say coldly and hang up the phone.

After a few seconds you feel your phone vibrate again, your mothers name lighting up the screen, but you ignore it. You collapse on your bed and just start letting it all out.

You didn't wanna even look at your father again after all the shit he put you and your mother through, but of course your mother didn't think about any of this.

After awhile you finally collect yourself and change into some basic yoga pants and a sweatshirt, walk into your kitchen and start making some mushroom pancakes.

One of the reasons you wanted to come to Seoul was to completely separate your childhood life from your new life, and you were upset that even that wasn't working now.

Once you were done cooking your breakfast, you sit at the island and poke at your food for awhile. Suddenly, you hear a knock on the door.

"Who is it?!" You yell, not bothered to get up from your seat.

"It's just me." Bangchan says as he opens the door himself, coming inside.

"Was that not locked?" You immediately sit up, in pure confusion.

"Apparently not." He laughs and sits down next to you.

"Whatever, i couldn't care less if somebody broke in here and muredered me." You say, sulking back into your arms. You still have barely eaten the breakfast you made.

"Do you want this? I thought i was hungry but i don't feel like eating." You say, sliding the plate over to him.

"I already ate, and you need to eat too, it's not healthy not too." He says.

"What's up with you today?" He says, lowering his face into his arms and making eye contact with you.

"Nothing." You lie.

"You're lying, you're refusing to eat breakfast, which isn't like you." He looks at you, and you groan, hiding your face completely in your arms.

"Well my day is already off to a bad start, and now my whole day is ruined and i honestly just wanna go back to sleep at this point." You groan, lifting your head back up, resting on your hand.

"Wait, talk to me, what happened?" He asks you, slightly massaging your arm.

"It's nothing, i told you." You say.

"It's not nothing, or you wouldn't be acting like this. Please tell me what's going on, you can tell me anything." His eyes soften.

You sigh. "Alright, fine." You playfully roll your eyes, earning a chuckle from him.

"Today, my mother called me and told me that my father came by her house last night and asked to see me, and like an idiot, she told him he could and gave him my address." You say fidgeting with your bracelet.

"And what's wrong with that?" He genuinely asks you, he doesn't look away.

"Oh, just that he put me and my mother through all this shit my whole childhood, finally walked out on us when i was 15, and refused to contact me at all after that. I cried for months, before realizing he's a piece of shit and i'm better off without him." You finish, you feel tears form in your eyes again.

"And one main reason i came here to Seoul was so i could get away from all that, all the bad memories in that town, that house, all of it. To separate that and start over here." You look down, holding back tears.

"Areum, i'm so sorry. I didn't know any of that." He said with a mellow tone.

"Don't be, you have nothing to be sorry about." You sniffle, wiping your face with your sleeve.

"It's my mothers fault for not taking any of this into consideration, she just gave him permission just like that." You snap your fingers.

"Hey come here." He says softly, and pulls you into his embrace. "I hate when you're sad." He says, his chin resting in the crook of your neck.

"It seems like you're the only person that actually cares about my feelings so far." You joke, slightly smiling.

"You know what, if you really don't wanna see your dad, just say the word and i can get him to leave town easily." He smiles, pulling back from your hug.

"And how would you do that?" You ask, already feeling better.

"I'll egg his car and pour syrup all over the windows, and he can spend the rest of the day cleaning that up." He smiles.

"You're evil." You widen your eyes at him.

"Not as evil as him for treating you like that!" He says, tilting his head.

"That's true." You chuckle, looking down.

"And now that you feel better, i'm gonna reheat this food and you're gonna eat it." He says as he picks up the plate of food and places it in the microwave.

"Aw man, i was hoping you forgot by now!" You say sarcastically, sitting back down in your chair.

"I would never" He laughs as he pushes the buttons on the microwave.

You both spent the rest of the morning hanging out after that, you almost forgot about the the day you had ahead of you.
- - -
(a/n : ughhh im so bored and i have to use all my brain cells to think of creative things to write 😭