Chapter 38 - Possession

"You really found Robbie's body? In Don Juan Medical Hospital in Lucena city? F*uck!"

Margot didn't expect Neri to slip. She knew her cousin was doing something in the city; she didn't realize it involved the ghost.

"The 'F' word again," Neri warned.

"Sorry," she scoffed then smiled over her cellphone.

Neri told her everything about Robbie A.K.A Tobias Aquino III, even about his current girlfriend, Regina. The latter issue made Margot feel concern for her cousin. But she'd been a lot worried of what happened to Robbie. She felt relieved though, after hearing that he would recover soon.

"So, they think, Robbie was also a suspect with his friend's death? What was his name again?"

"Juan Terciano del Valle II." Neri's voice became suspicious. "And you? What are you up to?"

Margot can almost imagine her scowling at her. "I hope nothing outrageous."

"Of course not," she replied. "I'm only out of the house because I needed fresh air -"

"Really -?"

"Just do your thing there in the hospital," she said, cutting her cousin off. "I have to go."

The side door creaked open as Margot stuffed her phone inside her jeans' back pocket. Julian peeked at her then, grinned at the person behind her.

"So, you changed your mind?"

"Let us in! I need those evidence," Margot told him then para-phrased her words, glancing at Philip who frowned at her; oblivious that a ghost was standing by the door.

"I mean..." She told Philip. "Let's go in. 'We' need to find those evidence... Not I."

Margot almost bit her tongue when she lied to Neri; Philip had no idea of her other plan.

"You didn't tell him, did you?"

Margot let Philip into the house first, shaking her head to Julian. "The deal... Please?"

Philip gave her a bewildered look. He was wearing a black cloth facemask, same as Margot. "What deal -?"

He didn't finish his query. He trembled violently as the soldier ghost took over his body. Margot felt guilty as Philip's innocent dark eyes bored into hers and then, turned into a crisp blue hue.

"The large man hid the documents and the money beneath the floor boards in Elaine's room under the bed." Julian spoke in Philip's low baritone. "Go."

The possessed body moved for the door. His mouth beneath the black facemask, twisted into a grin.

"And where do you think you are going?" Margot queried.

Philip's hand pulled the cloth mask from his mouth and Julian spoke. "Outside."

Margot shook her head, fixing her mask over her mouth and nose. "Oh no you don't. Wear the mask or else you'll get Philip into trouble."

"Oh... the pandemic thing? Alright." Philip under Julian's possession returned the protective mask back on its place. "I'll just walk around. See the town -"

"You'll get Philip arrested. He's twenty one but he is not an APOR like mom or Neri."

"What in damnation is an APOR?"

"Authorized Person Outside Residence."

"Then how can I enjoy this body?"

"Well... you can help me investigate." Margot gave an impatient sigh at Julian in Philip's body. "Or you can help me think of a plan on how to visit Robbie. He is still alive. His body is in Lucena at Don Juan Medical Hospital.