He goes where? - a Stellerlune based Kam tale

Slightly different events in Stellerlune where Sokeefe is onesided from Sophie's POV. Tam knows all along where Keefe is. Everyone goes to meet Trix and Verspera doesn't show up

To say that Sophie was stressed was an understatement. She was so deep in emotional turmoil that she wondered if Elves could break from other things than just guilt. After reading the note Keefe had left for her, she felt more things than she could count. Everyone's insistence on not going after him was not helping in the least.

A while later, during their meeting with Glimmer, now Rayni, Sophie was trying not to let her frustration with Tam show on her face. Some of the others were far less successful in doing so. Linh in particular. At one-point Gli- Rayni randomly stated to Tam.

"I got permission for this week."

Tam smiled in an extremely uncharacteristic way making everyone stare. Then again, everything he did around Rayni was unusual for him. Was it their imagination of did Tam have a faint pink tint under his bangs? Nothing further was said on that topic and everyone moved on and forgot about it. Mostly.

At foxfire during lunch, Tam was sometimes caught messaging someone. One incident had been the following. Everyone had been giving their updates when Linh had sharply asked her brother:

"Who or what is so much more interesting that has you smiling at your Imparter like that?"

Tam quickly hid the screen with an extremely guilty look on his face. He still managed to reply with and embarrassed:

"no-one."

Stina scoffed. "Probably messaging his dearest Rayni who he'd rather be spending quality time with."

Tam didn't respond which led to most of the group thinking she was right. Dex was the only one who shook his head a bit as if the idea was ludicrous.

There were several other incidents until just about everyone was convinced that the reason Tam was so adamant on defending Rayni was because he fancied her. Linh had discovered that every week Tam would leap to an unknown location and that every other week Rayni was granted permission to go with him. No bodyguards, just the two of them.

Then came the meeting with Trix. They were all waiting inside the force-field. Rayni and Tam had their heads together and were whispering quietly and laughing. Tam's ears and checks were red but that could also have been the wind. When Trix finally showed himself, it became apparent that it wasn't quite the way Rayni had been expecting. As everyone pondered what to do in an only mildly panicked fashion, Tam stepped forward and out of the force-field. Shouting back at them he addressed Rayni:

"If he kills me, you know what to find and what to tell him!"

After that, he proceeded to converse with Trix in a way that no one could understand them. There were many hand gestures, animated movements, and several moments where it looked like Trix would murder Tam on the spot until Trix finally nodded tensely and reached out to shake hands with Tam. The winds died down and they both walked back to where the others were standing as Maruca lowered the field. Tam looked relieved as he told them:

"He's willing to aid us from the side as long as we guarantee he won't be harmed and is eventually given more freedom. And if we provide him with decent food."

Everyone stared dumbly at him except Rayni who smirked.

"Glad I won't have to tell him you died after all. Who knows what he'd do to me?"

Tam flushed slightly. "Better safe than sorry."

Ryni patted Trix on the back. "Welcome to the ex-Neverseen members club! At your first meeting you'll have to be the one who brings the snacks."

Trix groaned. While Rayni threw her head back and laughed.

"You think that's bad? Most of our meetings are me chaperoning this guy-" She gestured at Tam. "And his totally-not-a-crush-they-just-prentend-to-be-cognates-and-stare-at-eachothers-eyes-for-no-reason."

Trix groaned again while everyone else finally came to their senses and registered the last part. Surprisingly Dex spoke up first.

"Does that mean those blockers work well enough?"

Rayni rolled her eyes as Tam nodded sheepishly. "Not that it matters. The tension is thick enough anyway. And I'm not even sure Tam wears them when they have their 'alone time' since he definitely wasn't wearing them last time-"

Tam interrupted Rayni. "It's not like that! I fell asleep that's all and he was the one who removed them since they were uncomfortable!"

Rayni raised an eyebrow. "So that's why when I called so see why you weren't back yet he was the one who picked up and you were lying against him all snuggled up and he was running his fingers through your hair which-by the way- he said he'd been doing for that past hour?"

Tam had the decency to look properly ashamed and didn't respond. Linh did so in his place.

"What are you two talking about?"

Rayni turned to look at her. "Did Tam never tell you he has a boyfriend?"

Tam hastily slapped a hand over Rayni's mouth and hissed: "He's not my boyfriend!"

Rayni freed herself to throw back a "yet"

Linh looked stumped so Marella was the one who asked.

"Tam likes boys?"

Both Rayni and Trix turned on her.

"Got a problem with that if it were the case?"

They were all beginning to see why Tam trusted Rayni. Apparently being part of the Neverseen made you very open minded. Tam probably hadn't ever had a situation where he could discern whether or not his friend group would accept such a thing.

Marella managed to salvage her mistake. "No! I was only wondering because we all thought he liked you!"

Dex raised his hands. "Speak for yourself. I've known for a while"

Biana raised an eyebrow at him. "Since when?"

Dex replied casualy. "Since I was commissioned to make gadgets for them."

Tam's face was bright red at this point and he shut the conversation down.

"That's enough now. I'll take my leave. Rayni are you coming? It's your week?"

Rayni simply smirked again and shook her head.

"Someone needs to settle Trix in and I think I'll let you and him have another snugglefest together. Just be back by 11pm or else." She gasped dramatically "Who knows what naughty things you'll get up to if I let you spend the night!"

The last thing they saw of Tam was his tomato red face before he was swept away by a beam of light. Only a few minutes later did Stina remark:

"Is it just me, or was the crystal he used, blue?"

Part 2?

Opaz out!