He goes where? - Part 3 (final)

The next day, Tam was late to Foxfire. Linh gave the group a meaningful glance when they all arrived, indicating that Tam had not returned from wherever he was. Only during lunch break did a very disheveled and disgruntled Tam enter the Foxfire school grounds. He was dressed in an odd fashion. The same clothes as yesterday but he was wearing a long-sleeved shirt atop that no one had ever see him wear beforehand or even guessed he owned such a thing. It had more colors than they assumed Tam knew the names of and didn't match the rest of him in the slightest way possible. All around the cafeteria prodigies were staring at him for not only arriving late, but arriving late without the proper uniform.

Tam didn't seem to care as he sat down. Instead, he gave a simple "sorry, I overslept." Before banging his head on the table.

"Rayni is going to kill me." He said. "Please don't tell her I was late."

Dex smirked at him. "Too late, Linh already hailed her to ask where you were when you didn't show up for first period."

Tam groaned loudly, face flushing a bit.

"Nice knowing you all. Plant my wanderling in a cave or something."

Everyone stared, mouth agape, at Tam.

Biana raised a perfectly poised eyebrow.

"Did you just... make a joke?"

Tam ignored her but the tips of his ears were bright red. Soon, lunch was over and the rest of the day passed without incident. (Although some of Tam's mentors were displeased with his getup)

A week passed before anyone brought up what had happened with Trix. They were discussing their next move per usual when Marella tossed her hair and said:

"I hate to be that one person but we need to talk about the gorgodon in the room."

Everyone knew exactly what she meant. No one knew how to approach it.

So, they didn't. And another week passed.

This meeting, was a meeting with Trix to see how he'd settled in so far and how much he was willing to talk. Not much apparently, but he didn't show signs of betraying them either. He and Rayni seemed to enjoy poking fun at Tam when no one else could hear them and Tam got along with Trix as he had with Rayni.

The rest of the group had been watching the banter go back and forth when Biana finally blurted out:

"What exactly is your secret Tam?"

Before blushing bright red and turning away.

Tam gave her a cool look before responding.

"Well, if I told you, it wouldn't be a secret anymore would it?"

And no one asked again after that.

Not even when two days later he appeared late to classes again looking possibly even more dishevelled than last time.

Tam, of course, didn't tell them he'd been trying to leave but had ended up pushing a certain someone out of the bed by accident which resulted in Tam being pulled off the bed which then again resulted in both of them ending back on the bed for an undefined amount of time.

He was glad he'd at least had five minutes to fix his hair and breathing.

And that he'd been able to change his clothes.

Sophie was in a rush.

She was trying to rally Tam before Dex tracked down Keefe so that they could leave immediately when he did. Only problem: no one knew where Tam was.