KQ Party

*August 2022*

After signing with KQ Entertainment, the CEO decided to organize a welcome party for MJ to meet the rest of the staff and get to know everyone. What she didn't expect though was that the members of Ateez were also going to attend this special event.

(MJ POV)

"Ok, I'm probably late, as always, but hopefully not TOO late". She had just finished getting ready and was standing by the door near her shoe rack. Opting for a casual gray suit with a plain white t-shirt, she accessorized with some jewelry to add some flair. Keeping her makeup simple, she only applied some black eyeliner to accentuate her light brown eyes.

"I will wear my sneakers, if I wear heels today I will probably trip from the nervousness...heck, I will probably trip even with the sneakers, why am I so nervous?", she thought, consumed in her stressful thoughts.

Her phone suddenly beeped, a notification popping up to alert her about the Uber driver arriving. She grabbed her phone and keys, shoving them in her purse, and hurried downstairs,  spotting the Uber right in front of her.

"To the J Hotel please", she informed the driver and he nodded.

The car ride was relatively quiet, as the girl kept looking outside the window fidgeting with her fingers. Not long after, the car arrived at the hotel and MJ went inside the lobby looking for the venue of the party. As she walked towards the entrance, two young girls welcomed her.

"Hello MJ! Come on in, everyone is waiting for you!", one of the girls said with a smile on her face, the other opening the door for her and gesturing to go inside.

Bowing politely she thanked them both, her nervousness truly kicking in as she passed through the door.

She entered the venue, which was a spacious and elegant ballroom in the J Hotel. The ceiling was adorned with crystal chandeliers that cast a soft glow over the room. The walls were decorated with paintings of famous landmarks and historical figures, creating a sophisticated and glamorous atmosphere. The right side of the room was occupied by a huge buffet table, where various dishes and desserts were displayed, tempting the guests with their delicious aromas and colors. The left side of the room featured a drink bar, where a bartender was mixing cocktails and serving drinks to the guests. The far end of the room had a small stage, where a band was playing live music and entertaining the crowd. Above the stage was a banner that read "Welcome to KQ MJ!", surrounded by pretty balloons in different colors. Smiling at the sweet gesture, she walked towards the middle of the room, where some of the guests were standing, talking lively to each other and mingling.  A tall man with a strong leadership aura suddenly spotted her and approached her with open arms and a huge smile on his face.  She recognized the CEO of KQ Entertainment and bowed deeply, greeting him with a warm smile. 

The CEO greeted her warmly, wrapping his arm around her shoulder. "Hey MJ, how are you?" he asked with a friendly smile. "Good to see you again! Come on, come on, don't be shy! I wanted to introduce you to some people here, they are really excited to meet you!"

The timid girl just nodded shyly and followed him to a group of people. She was introduced to two of the main producers of KQ, Eden and Maddox. She also met some of the dancers of BB Trippin and singing teachers and later, she was introduced to her team of managers, who were essentially going to be responsible for her. When signing her contract, she had requested a team -or at least her main assistant manager- to be fluent in English, as Korean was not her first language and she didn't want any miscommunication errors. A woman in her 30s smiled brightly and approached her.

(English dialogue)

The woman extended her hand and shook MJ's firmly. "Hello! My name is Jenny, and I'm so happy to finally meet you in person!" she exclaimed.