The First Meeting

Wooyoung greeted her with a bow. "Hello! You are MJ, right?" he asked curiously.

MJ bowed back and smiled. "Yes! Hello! I am MJ, nice to meet you!" she replied cheerfully.

Ateez bowed back timidly, their eyes shyly meeting hers. She flashed them a warm smile and felt her heart skip a beat. She couldn't believe she was meeting her idols in person. "You are Ateez, right? It's so nice to finally meet you!"

Yunho's eyes widened in surprise. "Wait a minute, you know us?" he blurted out. She noticed his reaction and decided to have some fun with them. "But of course, you are the stars of the company I just signed with, it would be rude not to know you.", she teased.

Hongjoong's face fell slightly. "Oh, that's why..." he muttered. She saw the disappointment in his voice and quickly changed her tone, apologizing with a laugh. "Guys, I'm just joking, sorry I tend to do that when I'm nervous...But the truth is I know you because I am an Atiny!"

Seonghwa gasped in disbelief. "Really?!? You know our songs?" he asked eagerly. MJ nodded enthusiastically. "Yeah, of course I do! Your songs bring me so much joy, I really can't stop listening to them! And your latest song 'Guerilla', oh my gosh I listen to it when exercising, it's a total stress reliever."

(English speech)

Mingi thanked her first. "Oh thank you thank you!" he said gratefully. She beamed at Mingi who spoke to her in English, as she knew he was trying to make her feel more comfortable.

San challenged her with a smirk. "What are our names then?" he asked cockily. Yunho tried to stop him. "Hey San, don't be like that..." he said softly.

San looked at the girl, his eyebrow raised as if daring her. She looked at him and the rest of the boys, raising an eyebrow herself, as she was ready to tease them again.

MJ shrugged off Yunho's concern and accepted San's challenge. "No, it's ok, bring it on!" she exclaimed. "All we need now is a bright lamp and it would totally feel like an interrogation!" she joked.

Ateez burst into laughter at her joke, but San snorted in disbelief, though his lips twitched slightly. The tension in the air eased a bit.

MJ listed their names confidently. "Hmm, so from left to right we have Yeosang, Jongho, Mingi, Yunho, Seonghwa, Hongjoong, Wooyoung, and San. Right?" she asked proudly.

Wooyoung and Yunho clapped their hands in sync. "Wow she knows us for real!" they exclaimed in awe. Hongjoong complimented her on her Korean. "By the way, your Korean is really great!" he said admiringly. Seonghwa agreed with him. "Yeah, your pronunciation is really good too, you must have practiced a lot!" he said warmly.

MJ thanked them modestly. "Oh thank you! I still have a long way to go, it has been a while since I had long conversations in Korean. Sometimes if I don't know a word I might say it in English, I hope you don't mind." she said politely.

Hongjoong assured her with a smile. "Not a problem at all!" he said kindly. Mingi encouraged her with a thumbs up. "It's good practice for us too!" he said cheerfully.

Wooyoung offered his help with a wink. "Yeah I want to practice with you too!" he said flirtatiously.

She smiled brightly at them and admired their enthusiasm and innocence. However, a dark thought crossed her mind. "I hope they stay happy and cheerful like that all the time, not like me..."

Suddenly, the CEO interrupted their conversation and ushered them to their seats. "You will give us a little speech, right MJ?" he asked expectantly.

MJ panicked at his request. "A speech?!?" she exclaimed nervously.

A/N

Yay, first meeting! A bit smaller cause the CEO decided to barge in at the last minute :)