Four | 𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻

Every single one of the Cullen's was back, besides Edward. The tension was high and while everyone was a bit concerned for the child with the lively heartbeat, they were also concerned about how someone had gotten so deep into their territory that they almost stepped onto Shifter land. They bought out most of the forest to keep humans from building residents nearby, and they also made sure to watch out for humans that might wander off the nearby hiking trail or deep into the woods for whatever reason. It gave them a sense of control and a peace of mind that their cover won't be blown, and a small since of privacy to do whatever they pleased whether that includes fucking on the forest floor covered in the blood of their last meal. This entire Leah thing finding a baby, that they are most definitely would've found during their usual patrol was a smack in the face for everyone that was sure their defenses were secure...though considering they had problems with nomads it shouldn't be a surprise.

"Found nothing." No scent, no footprints, no trash, no blood, nothing and Jasper was their best. Only. Tracker then.

"Nothing?" Rosalie groaned, first Bella, then Victoria, now a mysterious person had managed to cross onto their land and dump a baby. They were losing their touch ever since that human came around.

"Then, what are we going to do about those two?" Leah was part of the reservation and if the Shifters caught wind that the girl was in their residents they'll try and use that as a reason to kill them, but they couldn't just kick her out in the state they had found her in. Rosalie might be on the extreme side when it came to protecting her family, but she wasn't a heartless monster that would kick a woman in need out on her ass.

"I say drop them off at the hospital and let the authorities take it from there." Her blood wasn't appealing to Jasper in the slightest, there was a slight musky scent to it that all the Shifters carried, but the baby was a bit too much to handle for they smelt sweeter than sugar. It was worse than Bella and he thought the girl smelt irresistible at times.

"Then what would happen to the baby?" Unfortunate thing was dropped off to die alone, Rosalie very much had a heart out for them. "They'll take her." To a place where she would be safe and probably loved a lot more than the people who gave birth to her, but she wasn't thinking rationally about that part. She just glanced at the child before she gathered Leah into her arms while Alice carried the bassinet. At first, they tried to collect the child from Leah's grip, but she held on tight, and the child didn't quite like the cold touch they delivered. Sad, but she wasn't going to allow a child to be uncomfortable just so she could play pretend for a few seconds.

"That's for the best Rose." Emmett shrugged, "it's not like we can keep her for the fact she's human and if the Volturi isn't going to kill us for Bella, then they'll surely do it because of her." He held tight to his wife, already knowing the inner demons that filled her heads with false hope over something that they both knew was impossible in their current position. "And we can't keep Leah here..." Even if they 'helped' her there was no doubt that the Shifters would try to start something over the pure fact that she was here alone. They didn't want to deal with it while they had so much already loomed over their heads. A ridiculous redhead who justifiably is upset because they killed her mate is probably out causing problems and trying to kill Bella. Too much was happening for them to purposely stir up trouble whether they were in the wrong or not.

They all stood quietly, Carlisle had his keys already in his hands to take the two where they needed to go, but Leah didn't seem to know anything about their nature, which might make it awkward if she wanted to be dropped off in La Push. He didn't want to seem brash dropping her off in Forks despite her want to go somewhere else. He also didn't want to offend the girl out of fear that she might go back and relay what happened to one of her friends, not knowing they had a conflict. He was truly stuck between two rocks, and the last option he had was to allow her back into the woods which might be much dangerous considering they had a vengeful vampire that might not hesitate to attack after seeing her interact with them.