The Eternal Blossom - Part Two

Hello everyone thank you for waiting and here is the next chapter, I hope you all enjoy and remember to support this story remember to vote, fan or leave a comment. Enjoy :)

No sooner said or done the potion had subdued them both into a heavy powerful sleep as they lay motionlessly opposite each other, both sleeping peaceful breathing quietly and shallowly as their chest raised and fell. The room was quiet and still as the carriage continued to move smoothly into nothingness, nothing could disturb them, not a pin drop to the shattering of glass, not even a furious jumps of the carriage wheel. The potion was made very strong; strong enough to subdue a person to sleep until the spell within the liquid has reached it purpose, if not the enchanted slumber would not end.  

Not long enough since the potion had taken Drake into a deep endless slumber the small lanterns within the carriage began to dim within the matter of seconds since the enchantment had taken place. As the lanterns did not flicker or struggle to stay alight it was as if the light knew the darkness would dominate it and win the battle, it was like the darkness was a phantom breeze without any touch or atmosphere that stretched out across the room taking out each bright light with its invisible fingers. Pressing its fingers over each side of the burning wick and diminishing the light in a slow pace until the light was no longer, and so the same was done to the other leaving the room in a quiet darkness with the curtains moved on their own accord and slid down to the other end covering the small windows entirely.

Outside in the endless darkness only the carriage and the unicorns could be seen moving along to nowhere, there was nothing but pitch black nothingness and deafening silence. She was used to this all too well she knew exactly how to how to catch it with the right bait, it was only a matter of patience and patience was exactly what she was good at. She knew for a while that her potion had taken its effect as she used her magic to dim the lanterns and slide the curtains along the small windows. Since the beginning of their journey just before she had ridden them all into the portal she placed a pure white large hooded cloak, that covered her from head to toe with a small opal green shaped pendant clipping the two sides of the cloak together to cover the front of her dress.  She had sat on the perch for hours without complaint with a smile still on her face as she swung her short legs back and forth as she drove the carriage. Time did not exist here nor did it had a place within the portal what seemed like mere minutes for hours and what felt like hours were only minutes, the unicorns were content to move along into the stretching nothingness. 

 Within a few short moments she took one of her wrinkled hands off the reins and without looking shook silently a small blue beaded thick string which was connected to a small rusted silver bell which rings sweetly throughout the deafening silence. The carriage that looked old, raggedy and dark from the outside began to slowly shed its ugliness, like old ancient paint peels from a wall and falling into the darkness below and sinking as it disappeared as if sinking into a pool of water.

The exterior to drastically changed as the fragile looking wood began to chip and peel off in different sections of the carriage, revealing a rich reddish brown shining oak with golden patterns of rowan spreading across the walls either side of the doors. Windows that once looked smudged with grim, grease and dirt was clean, as if the glass had never existed as the filth began to slide off and disappear without a trace. The straight long carriage doors that once looked fragile to touch began to change its shape and colour becoming more curved and slightly rounded. The large wheels full of cracks of dry rotten wood became solid decorated polished brass, as the reins became deep rich brown leather within her hands. Old withered lanterns that dangled on their loose chains at each corner of the carriage was now held by golden solid poles that curved under, holding golden framed sparkling lanterns and as soon as the bell rang a bendable black stick grew out of the roof of the carriage. That hovered over her head ending in a curl where the same looking lantern appeared from the end, and once the lantern appeared all the lanterns became to glow in a big bright pure light without a candle or flame. The bright light made the carriage glow in colour becoming vibrant in the darkness, but even though the light was so overpoweringly bright it could not pierce the darkness as it was like a heavy black fog.