Free and yet Tortured and the help of the kind Rosa

Chapter Four

Free and yet tortured and the help of the kind Rosa

It was early in the morning before the sun had risen, for Drake always woke at this time, he sat up in his bed and stretched his arms above his head and yawned. His feet out of bed and so did his own body and started to do his daily routine, the first thing he did was go to his desk and picked up his brush to brush his hair, before sitting down and facing the mirror, and when he did so. He had the shock of his life, as he had hair and unknown fur nearly all around his face, for the only things you could see of Drake was his golden eyes and his mouth. His hair and his entire face were covered completely. His laughed a little and said to himself in amusement, “this has to be a dream. And I will pinch myself as hard as I can. I shall surely wake up”.

So he did so, he pinched himself as hard as he could until he left a red mark on his arm, and when I looked in the mirror it was not a dream for it was still there. He smirked again and thought it must be a practical joke and so he tried to remove it, he tried pulling it, lifting it and any other way he could think of. But it still didn’t come off and so he came to the last resort, the pair of scissors he had in his draw and so he tried cutting it off, but the scissors would not cut and when he did final cut a tiny bit off it grew right back, and he thought this is impossible. He sat down on his bed and thought of all the plans he could, to get this thing off of him, but he could think of nothing and so he said to himself. “I have tried everything I can think of, and if I stay here too long someone will eventually come in and see me this way, and would be convinced that I am a monster. I have no other plan but to leave here before that happens”.

He got dressed and picked up his sword for it may come in handy, and bring his sack to put food and water in it at the kitchen before leaving, and put on his red long hooded cloak on, that his mother made for him for when he got older. He also thought about leaving a note behind but it would only cause confusion. And so he left his room quietly and went towards the kitchen down stairs, so he could fill his small sack, and when he had arrived he found that no- one was in there and so he quickly packed some food away in his small clean sack.

Then left the kitchen and headed outside where just near the gates he saw people coming in and out of the palace carrying covered things and only going out with wooden boards, while the guards watched them. Drake saw his only chance to get out as surely his father might have been conducting a party in the hall tomorrow and must have been getting everything ready for it. So the prince put his sack inside of his red cloak so he would not be suspicious in any way, and hooded his face entirely and saw a wooden board that had not been taken outside. So he carried it through the palace gates of where he handed it to a man who was collecting them, and he looked back one more time at his home and bring the sack out of his cloak and started walking away. Once he entered the town of his people he wanted so badly to look around, he wanted to see what a market looked like, and the shops and look at normal things, but he knew that staying there too long would cause a huge amount of suspicion, so he made his way towards the gates that kept his palace and people safe and left.

Once outside in the open he gazed at the empty green hills and only the yellowish brown road going through the middle and there he started his journey. He saw while walking that there were all different types of fields, corn fields, lettuce fields and wheat fields there were so many of them, and sometimes he saw the hard working farmers working around, and some even waved at him not caring if he was a stranger or not. Life outside the palace was wonderful, wonderful then Drake could even imagine, it was so different then reading it from a book then actually experiencing it for real. But there was something that Drake didn’t think about, where was he going? And where was he going to live? At that moment he thought about turning back, but he knew that he couldn’t for they would never believe him that he was the prince if they saw his covered face, and worse they might even stone him looking like a monster. So he thought to himself out loud, “there’s nowhere to go but I am still on an adventure so I shall see what comes around the corner”.