Chapter 17

You and Bangchan both sit down at the table as Minho and Chnagbin place dishes on the table.

He hands you a plate of food. "Is this okay?" He asks you, and you nod your head, "Thank you." You smile at him.

All the guys sit around the table, Bangchan on your left, Minho across from you, Felix next to him.

They are all talking and laughing, but Bangchan starts talking to you instead of joining them.

"Areum, did your dad show up today?" He asks you, playing around with his pasta.

"Yeah, but i made the asshole leave." You sigh, taking a bite of your food.

He looks up from his plate at you, "What did he want?" He asks, his eyes staying connected with yours.

"He wanted to 'make things right' or something, but after i wouldn't let him come in or be nice about it, he proceeded to start yelling at me, calling me ungrateful, and so on." You explain, taking another bite of your food.

"I'm sorry about that, he's got a lot of nerve saying all that." He says.

"It's fine, i don't care, he had eighteen years to try and have a relationship with me, and he blew it all. And not unintentionally." You shrug, continuing to eat.

He looks back down, also continuing to eat.

"So Areum," You hear Minho start, and you look up at him. "You and Chan both go to the same university right?" He asks, taking a drink of his water.

"Yeah, we do" You say, forcing a small smile.

"Ah, that makes a lot of sense." He says, poking at his food with his fork.

"What do you mean?" You ask, putting your fork down.

He looks back up at you, "Oh, nothing, it just makes sense that that'a how you guys met. That's all." He takes a bite of his food.

"Mm." You reply, picking your fork back up.

You're about halfway done with your plate when you see everyone start looking at you, and you look up confused.

"Areum, we were wondering if you'd be up for staying the night with us? If not, that's okay." You hear Jeonjin ask from the other end of the table.

You look at everyone a little shocked at the question, "You want me, to stay the night? Where would i sleep?" You question them.

"We have extra rooms." Felix smiles at you.

"Come on, it'll be fine, i swear" Bangchan says, putting a hand on your shoulder.

You smile. "I mean, i have nothing else better to do, so i guess i can stay with you all."

They all smile at you and continue talking to each other.

"I'll be here to keep you company, in case you feel awkward or anything." Bangchan says quietly to you.

By the time you had finished your food everyone had already gotten up and went into the living room, and Bangchan went upstairs.

You walk into the kitchen, and head over to the sink and start washing your dishes. You pour some soap on the sponge and scrub your plate.

"That's awfully nice of you." You hear a voice say behind you. You turn around to see Hyunjin leaning against the wall, his arms crossed, and a small smile plastered on his face.

You smile at him. "It's the least I could do." You continue scrubbing.

"You know you don't have to wash your dishes, we always use the dishwasher." He walks over to the counter beside you, pointing to the dishwasher right next to you.

You look away in slight embarrassment. "Well I like cleaning." You reply after a few seconds.

"Ah, you're extremely introverted." He chuckles.

"I am not!" You say back to him in protest.

"Don't lie to yourself." He laughs then walks out. You finished washing your dishes, drying them and putting them away.

You walked out of the kitchen and saw everyone sitting on the couch in the living room, and instead of joining you snuck past them and walked over to the stairs.

You were halfway up the stairs when you see Bangchan walking down.

"What are you doing?" He questions you.

"I mean, just walking upstairs I guess.." You say semi-sarcastically.

"Nope, not this again." He says and takes your hand, dragging you down the stairs with him.

"What the hell are you doing!" You whine, reaching the bottom of the stairs.

"You need to atleast be comfortable around them if you're going to be here more." He says.

"What do you mean be here more?" You ask, turning to him.

"Seriously." He he tilts his head.

You shrug your shoulders in response.

"Areum, they're your friends, and you're still uncomfortable around them, you need to be able to trust them, that's what friends are. You'll be here a lot hanging out with us."

"I'm not uncomfortable around them, i guess i'm just shy." You say, looking down and burying your hands in your pocket.

"I know, you're the biggest introvert i've ever met." He laughs.

You look back up at him, giving him a dirty look.

"Areum, please go in there, you can't stay away from them forever." He says with a mellow tone.

"Alright fine, but you have to sit next to me." You say, pointing your finger at him.

"Deal." He smiles, wrapping his arm around your shoulder.
- - -

(a/n: uh sorry for the kinda late update, i've been busy (no i haven't) but yeah i have no idea what to write next, this book is so random 😭 )

ALSO SKZ GOT THEIR OWN INSTA ACCS??!! IM GASPING FOR AIR ON THE FLOOR RN. (We still need Minsung tho!!)