2. Paying Respects

Horace

Im so tired. I just want to get in the bed but my dad said he had a surprise for me or sum and that he left the side door open.

"Oh shit man wtf," I say cause I walked in and all i smelled was sum burning. I go over to the oven and see what looks like burnt cookies so I take them out and turn the oven off.

I walk upstairs dreading my dad's surprise. His TV is still on so I guess he is still awake and I open the door.

Time skip to funeral

I observed the church. I can smell the air freshener and lysol they sprayed a few hours ago. I look towards the pulpit and I see the casket my dad is in. Im still in shock at the whole thing.
Most people can't relate to what in going through. I got atleast 50 texts of people saying they are so sorry or they know how they feel. And they don't. Most people haven't came home to their dad having a bullet hole in his head. I don't want pity. I wish the story never even hit the news. I just want some peace and quiet that shit was traumatic as fuck.
I see my grandmother and immediately run to hug her.
"How are you doing baby," she asks with a concerned look on her face.

"As good as any person who walks in a room and finds they pops with a bullet in his head," I respond back not caring if it's disrespectful because she really just asked me than dumb ass question.

"I lost my son too and-

"I think I gotta go pass out programs," I say.

I don't actually have to pass out programs I just want to get the fuck away from that conversation it was triggering me.

"Hey Horace," Taurus says to me reaching out for a hug. I hug him back. He has been my best friend for so long I don't know what I would do without him. He actually planned this whole funeral with my grandma because I've been crying all week. I pull back from the hug.

"Hey Taurus and thank you for helping get all of this done," I say trying to hold back tears. He gives me this concerned face and hugs me again. Allowing me to cry on his shoulder.
It's something about hugging someone and feeling safe enough to show that vulnerability.
We hug for a while until I open my eyes and see a man staring at me from across the church.

Kentrell POV:

With his lil fine ass. That nigga better stop touching my lil baby. Imma talk to him once i get him alone.

I look in his eyes and see his dad's eyes. I guess his dad had some sexy ass eyes then.

Horace POV:

"I wonder who dat is," I think to myself.

"Who who is?" Taurus said out loud.

"The nigga behind you staring at me," I say releasing the hug so he could see.

"Oh I don't know go ask him and see. He could be a friend of your dad or something," he says shrugging his shoulders.
"Why he got dents like he got dropped as a baby or sum," he says laughing.

"That aint funny," I continue, " he kinda cute frfr."

"Cute?"

"Yes nigga cute im finna talk to him. Look better than yo handsome squidward faceass," I say.

"Alright I'll be talking to your grandma if you need me," he says chuckling.

I remember the dude who was staring at me and he still was so I walk over to him. His stare is intense as fuck I should be scared but I'm turned on.

"h-hey," I say.
Why the fuck am i stuttering?

"Wassup lil daddy," he says to me smiling.

"Umm so how did you know my dad?"