6. Ugly

What am I supposed to do? I've been single my whole life. I've had a few talking stages but they have all ended faster than a baby dad runs from child support. 

I look in my unnecessarily wide mirror and see myself. I see my too big nose, my eyes that are two different sizes, my lopsided face. Don't even get me started on how I look on the inverted filter. I think back on all of my talking stages, their faces flash in my mind. I don't know what I did wrong. Am I too ugly? Am I too weird? Do I look funny? 

I need to talk to a friend. I shook my hair so It would fall in place, put on my slides, and walked out the house. 

All of my friends a currently at a party 30 minutes away. I didn't know until I say them post about it on Insta. I hate how they always leave me out of the shit they have going on but are so quick to go out with their other friends. Im quite literally at the bottom of their priority list unless they need some shit from me.

I pass by the corner store I always visit, but then my stomach rumbles. I turn around and head inside. The smell of 7-hour old coffee fills me with a sense of home that I don't even feel at home. Speaking of at home my parents don't even like me for real.

I head over to the snacks section. I eye the snacks and I can't find what I'm looking for. 

"Hey shawty," I hear. I don't think he's talking to me so I stay zoned into the rows of colorful packaging looking for my next meal.

I feel someone grab my chin and for some reason I don't resist. "Look at me when I'm talking to you," a tall brownskin with dents in his head said to me. 

I feel my whole face heat up this gotta be some prank. I look around for his homeboy who sent him to bother me like every man does to me. 

"What is you looking for," he says as I realize we are the only two people in the gas station.

"Well im looking for M&Ms, one of those Nutrigrain bars, and a Dr. Pepper, but I can't find the Nutrigrain bars," I say looking at him up and down.

He stand a lil weird but he lowkey fine as fuck. He looking at me like he like what he see. 

He squats down and looks for the bars and he finds them after like two seconds. 
He gets back up to hand it to me.

"Here you go mamas," he says smiling at me.

"Thank you but why you calling me that?"

"Cause you sexy asf mamas wym why?"

"Nigga please im ugly asf."

"Ugly? Mama everything about you from your face to that birthmark on your face is sexy. Ion got no reason to lie fa."

"Thank you," I say looking down nervously.

"Of course mama now lemme get them digits," he says pulling out his phone.

"Lets start with IG ," I say grabbing his phone.

I type in my username /cashcarti

"Bet imma text you tonight," he says.

"Okay," I say as I walk in his direction heading for the cash register.

But somehow between switching from my left leg and right leg I slipped and fell.

He grabs me, his arms rest on my lower back. His warmth filling me with comfort. He smells so good too. 

"Thank you," I say looking up at him.

"You so beautiful," he says as he puts me back on my feet.

"Thank you I gotta go though I'll talk to you later," I say as I speed walk away to the cash register.

Kentrell's POV:

Im scrolling on mama's page and he so sexy. He makes music and its good but I can tell he got some shit going on.

Imma comment something under his post to make him feel better.

@nbayoungboyyy

You infinitely beautiful bae.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you guys feel about the new character?